Jun 10, 2010

five years

PJ and I just had our five year anniversary.  At this point, I suppose I should say something contemplative and sentimental like, "I never thought we'd make it here" or "I can't believe it's really been five years," but that's stupid.  When we got married, I knew we would make it here, and I know we will make it "until death do us part."  Love and commitment are choices we make (or don't make) as partners.  There are days when we don't like each other or when things are just hard, but I know deep in my heart that PJ and I will both make the decision to love each other and stay committed to each other EVERY SINGLE DAY.  So, what's five years?  For us, it was a really good excuse to take a short vacation to the beach without the baby. 

PJ does an amazing job of finding good deals.  He spends an inordinate amount of time researching and comparing prices until he finds what he believes is the highest value for the lowest price.  I think he outdid himself this time.  Not only did he score a super low rate for a luxury, oceanfront condo, but we got upgraded to a three-bedroom when we checked in.  I couldn't believe how totally awesome this condo was.  I felt like someone was going to knock on the door and politely tell us that we were in the wrong place.  We *almost* called some friends to come join us in the extra bedrooms...almost. :-)

the view from the balcony

the living room/kitchen

As much as I love my girl, it was really, really nice to spend some time with my husband and by myself.  I think PJ and I needed to remember what we are like when we are not chasing Cara around the house.  I decided that he is still a fun, sarcastic, smart, and really attractive guy.  I hope he decided something similar about me! :-)

While we laid on the beach and by the pool, Baby Cara got totally spoiled by three of her grandmamas and her great aunt Lisa.  She's one lucky girl.  She also got to play with her cousin Evelyn, who has CHARGE syndrome.  Miss Evelyn may be tiny, but she is sassy and refused to allow her younger cousin to steal her toys.  I witnessed one of these epic battles, and it was hilarious to watch Evelyn stand her ground and hang on to her toy. 

Cara and Evelyn playing next to each other

I am so thankful that Me-Maw, Grandmama Ruby, and Bitsy were all there to take care of my girl so that PJ and I could spend some time together.  Even though Baby Cara had a fabulous time with her grandmamas, she was happy to get home. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Jake and I are also going away for the first time (from Jack) for our anniversary this summer. I think you are right about needing to remember what your relationship is like when it's not centered around your baby. Cara is so cute in the video! I love how easily excited she gets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you enjoyed your anniversary so much. Tell your hubby that he needs to find me and my hubby a great deal like that. Our anniversary is coming up shortly and we could use a night in a place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We stayed at North Beach Plantation. Great last minute deals, especially if you want to stay at the beginning of the week. So worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...