Sep 14, 2010

another awesome lunch

PJ's Chicken Salad (recipe developed based on his preferences and suggestions)

Ingredients:
Chicken (mine is from a leftover roasted [free range, happy] chicken earlier in the week)
Grapes, halved (I used red, organic)
Apples (local, green)
Celery, finely chopped (organic)
Some type of nut, chopped (I used pecans)
Plain organic yogurt (the amount depends on how creamy you like your chicken salad)
Lemon juice (mine was an organic meyer lemon)
Parsley (I like curly, but use whatever you prefer)

1.  Chop the apple and squeeze a little lemon juice over to prevent browning.
2.  Add chicken, grapes, celery, chopped nuts, parsley, and yogurt.  Stir well.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

I pack the chicken salad in a separate container and pile my bread high for a delicious sandwich for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...