Sep 10, 2010

bad?

To the 11 readers of this blog:  Is it bad...

...that Cara points to the TV when she gets home from school?  I love TV.  I know a lot of people (include the American Academy of Pediatrics) believe that TV is very, very, very bad for children, and I see their point.  There's a lot of crap out there.  But, Cara likes Veggies Tales and Sesame Street DVDs.  So is it really that bad?  Especially when it means that I can cook dinner without a wailing manic clinging to my legs?

...that I spent 90 minutes in line for 4 outfits and a Halloween costume?  In my defense, I was at a children's consignment sale (cheap clothes!), I was with my preggo BFF (baby chat!), and the Halloween costume was a tiger for $15 (true story: this morning, I asked Cara what she was going to be for Halloween.  Her response:  "Roooaaaarrr"). 

...that I exchanged two pairs of pants for me for an entire fall wardrobe for Cara?  Really?  Two pairs of pants = 18 baby items?  I'm talking seven long sleeve t-shirts, one blue corduroy skirt, two pairs of jeans, two sets of pjs, a supercute jacket, two dresses, a pair of cords, and two pairs of leggings?  Maybe I am buying pants that are too expensive.  Or the Old Navy baby sale is just ridiculous.

...that I attended my first high school football game since I ended my coaching career and didn't miss it at all?  Let me clarify:  I miss my girls.  I love them.  Seriously.  I blew them some kisses on my way out.  But, coaching last year as a brand new mommy was REALLY HARD.  I couldn't be anywhere as often as I needed to be, and I couldn't give anything 100% like I wanted to, so life was really frustrating.  I appreciate my time now so much that I can't commit to anything.  Not even a Bible study.  I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I would really like to join a Wednesday night Bible study.  But it's like I just got out of a long term relationship, and I am afraid of commitment.  I may need to just take the plunge on this one.  Of all the people in the world, surely the ones in a Bible study would be understanding if I needed some space one week. 

...that literally half of this list is about shopping?  Um, yes, actually, that is bad.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a grrreat job! Your exchange shows a motherly sacrifice on your part. :)
    Give that little tiger a kiss for me!
    Love you all, Bitsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, none of this is bad--in fact it's just part of being a mom and a woman. It's nice to know that we are all experiencing many of the same things.
    -Candice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...