Sep 29, 2010

tired

I. am. so. tired.  Way too tired to be writing this. 

Getting up at 5:15 is killing me.  Maybe it's morning duty that's really killing me.  Either way, I am more tired today than I have been in quite a while.  I don't stay up super late, but getting up so early is making me crash around 3, which is very bad because I still have a lot to do after 3.  For example, today, I still have to finishing grading a set of essays, pick up Cara and play with her, cook dinner, cook and freeze a casserole for next week, bake cookies, fold laundry, and sew the sleeves on dress #3.  Notice that I didn't list clean up after dinner, bathe Cara, or put her to bed.  I love my husband.

This is a unique kind of tired.  It's a mental tired, a loss of conscious thought, a desire to stare at the wall, a lack of meaningful language.  I would like a nap, but it's not really a sleepy tired.  This does not lead to any kind of decent dinner conversation, and I feel a little bad about that.

What do I do about tired?  How do I fix it?  Do I make any sense at all?

3 comments:

  1. I too often have these days of mental exhaustion. The best advice I can give is to put off everything else except that which is truly needing tonight (Cara and dinner) and go to bed as soon as she is down for the night. For example, last night my boys went to sleep at 7:30 pm. I passed out at 8:30 pm. I physically and mentally could not stand being up any longer than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it the "coffee won't fix this tired because i'm already kinda awake but now i just have caffeine jitters" kinda tired?
    Or the "these mashed potatoes look like an excellent place to rest" tired?

    You could theoretically put off the laundry folding and dress work for the day. But then you'd just have to add it to another day.

    Hmmmm...I got nuttin'
    Dress looks cute, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Queen: I just laughed out loud at the thought of my head in some mashed potatoes.

    This is a my-brain-is-as-empty-as-a-bubble tired.

    I have to admit that I am lying to myself about folding the laundry. Our laundry lives in a basket. I mean, doesn't everyone use their laundry baskets for clean clothes and the floor for dirty clothes?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...