Nov 8, 2010

count your blessings--30 days of gratitude--day 8

Tonight, I am thankful for my video camera.  I love my video camera!  How did parents ever raise children without capturing every adorable moment for posterity?? 

Exhibit A: learning to juggle


Exhibit B: signing her colors


Exhibit C: dancing (again)


On a completely unrelated note, check out the Motherlode post on different parenting philosophies.  Quite an interesting read.  Even more interesting is the list of parenting advice at the end.  One of the suggestions is:

Never hug and kiss them, never let them sit in your lap. If you must, kiss them once on the forehead when they say good night. Shake hands with them in the morning. Give them a pat on the head if they have made an extraordinary good job of a difficult task. “Psychological Care of Infant and Child,” John B. Watson, 1928


Thank goodness it is 2010 because there are moments when I cannot stop myself from squeezing that baby.  Is this urge instinctual or cultural (especially in these attachment parenting times)?  Do I feel this way because it is expected that I should, or is it something more ingrained in our nature as mommies?

6 comments:

  1. Your little girl is incredibly adorable. Video cameras make it so much easier to capture those memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack apparently has a lot to learn in the next 5 months - she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to get the videos of YOU transferred to discs. No VCRs these days!!! Technology evolves!!! I don't keep up too well! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep 'em coming. I love to watch Cara play and listen to you laugh! Bitsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha what a funny quote! totally nonsensical and foolish.

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your sweet comments. Yes, I agree that she is adorable! :-)

    @Mama, if you get those videos into some kind of digital format, I will happily post the funky cartwheel.

    @Bitsy: there will be plenty more; don't worry! I can't put that camera down.

    @Eva: I agree; completely foolish advice. I wish I knew someone who was a parent or growing up during that time so that I could ask how this advice was received.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...