Nov 7, 2010

count your blessings--30 days of gratitude--day 7

When PJ and I were newlyweds living in a one-bedroom apartment, we used to joke that we had no friends.  We meant married friends living in town, and we weren't exactly joking.  What's weird is that almost all of my high school and college friends got married right around the time we did, but not a one of them lived in RH. 

Five years later, we are happy to report that we now have friends.  Two of my best college friends moved back to the area, and we have become good friends with quite a few families from our church.  PJ has made some great friends at work, and thankfully, their wives are awesome.  These friends all fit into different circles though.  One day, I'm going to have a huge dinner party and invite them all and make them all be friends with each other.

Tonight, I am thankful for friends.  I have been blessed with amazing heart-friendships through every season of my life, and I know I wouldn't be the person I am without all of them.

In high school, I had a tight group of five girls who knew everything about me, probably a lot of things they didn't want to know.  The thing about them is that they still liked me.  We gave each other a place to let down all the teenage walls and just be ourselves, silly, insecure, heartbroken, ridiculous, or anything else.  I am still in touch with them, though definitely not as often as I would like to be. 

In college, I made a new set of heart-friends.  We were six girls living in a run-down, disgusting house, and we loved every minute.  We fought, as you will with anyone you live with, but we had lots of fun spying on each other, spooking each other, and doing all kinds of things that do not need to be captured forever on the internet.  We all went our separate ways after graduation, but 903 girls weekends are a much anticipated event.  Even more anticipated are all the 903 babies making appearances in the coming months. 

My newest group of friends is my sewing club.  (Yes, we need a much cooler name.)  I have been getting together with some of the girls from my church to work on sewing projects and just hang out.  I have known some of these girls for years without really knowing them, and I have loved spending time with them.  Sewing club: You guys are awesome!

So, thank you all for being there for me.  I am so thankful to have friends in so many different places, from so many times in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. I really hope my kids get to have a sexy/studly 6 group during the formative years - we were lucky!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...