Nov 25, 2010

count your blessings--30 days of gratitude--days 24 and 25

Day 24:  I am thankful that I got to go eat lunch at school with Cara yesterday.  (Gosh, when I re-read that sentence, it sounds like she is in elementary or middle school.  No, please, never.)  Her school had a Thanksgiving feast and invited all of the parents to come in.  The older classes even had little pilgrim hats and collars and little programs.  How adorable is that?  I am really bad at little-kid-school-room-mom-cutesy kinds of things.  It does not even occur to me to send Valentines for the class or make sure I return the signed papers.  This is particularly embarrassing because I am a freaking teacher.  High school students don't do that kind of thing.  However, I will remember to make her teachers Christmas presents (I say that in case they are reading! :-).  After hanging out for just one lunch, I realized that Cara's teachers do an incredible job of herding those cats.  It never ceases to amaze me that those kids rarely get hurt, all get fed, and all take naps ON MATS.  I think Ms. Wendy hypnotizes them as soon as all the parents leave...

Day 25:  I am thankful for my family.  This should go without saying, but I'm saying it because it's Thanksgiving.  I am thankful for PJ and Cara, Bitsy, Granddaddy, and Kaz, who were all here to hang out today.  Cara loved being the center of attention all day (as if that's unusual), and the turkey wasn't overcooked.  Success!  However, I missed the rest of my family, especially my mama, but I know they were well-fed down at the beach, and I missed seeing Larry, Erin, Jacob, and Ava because they are always a fun crowd.  I am so blessed to have too many options on holidays. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. I caught back up! Thanks again for this idea! http://owen-family-blog.blogspot.com/

    You've also inspired me! Check out the Landry family trip blog on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...