Jan 15, 2011

abandoned projects

I hate not finishing something that I start.  I hate failing, but I really hate feeling like my best isn't good enough.  But, I am willing to learn!  Today has been a day of abandoned projects. 

#1:  Cara's lunch


I am fighting a losing battle here.  The only thing my child wants to eat right now is applesauce.  I couldn't even convince her to eat the organic gummy bunnies.  I just keep telling myself that she will eat when she gets hungry, and I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it, but it makes me want to pull my hair out.  I keep reading that this is common toddler behavior; I get it.  I just don't like it.

#2:  Tea Party Shirt


I was really excited about this shirt.  I love the whimsical fabric, I'm sucker for a ruffle, and I have some super cute buttons that were supposed to go on the placket.  The tutorial for this shirt is really good, but I am still a beginner, especially when it comes to sewing without a pattern.  My problems started with the sleeves and kept on going; sleeves always give me a hard time.  I think I have come up with a different way to attach the sleeves, so this project may not be abandoned forever.

7 comments:

  1. My little one's eating habits are starting to change a little. She's starting to get a tad bit picky. Let's just keep in mind what you said: it's a phase. It'll pass. We hope.

    That little shirt is adorable already.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband did the same thing Cara is doing. He ate like a champ when he was tiny and then about Cara's age he got very peculiar with his eating. The doctor told me the same thing he told you. he will eat when he gets hungry. Sure enough, he did. Doesn't look to me like he suffered any lasting damage for his bad eating habits. The best I remember he only wanted hot dogs, just the weiner, cut up. Just verifying what you've been told, she will be okay.
    Love you,
    Bitsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when 'unfinished projects' can seem to weigh everything else down. I get like that at times too. I think the shirt is super cute though! And it will look even cuter when it is on your beautiful little one. She is precious!

    http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com/

    Happy Comment Love Day from FTLOB hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is adorable. I have a SUPER picky eater too. I don't think there is anything more frustrating :/ I have a 24 pound 26 month old, yeah. . . THAT picky. My doc says the same thing but it doesn't make it any more comforting! Cute top too, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my kids did the same thing....now they eat like hogs! lol! but it is frustrating whenever we want good for our children and they go through stages! i could never be patient enough to sit through a tutorial for even a top! so good job thus far! enjoy the beautiful day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Several times I've been sucked into sewing projects, only to remember half way through that I actually don't enjoy sewing. I want to make cute things, but clearly sewing is just not for me!
    Your little shirt is super cute! It looks like you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't be too hard on yourself. Sometimes calling it quits it better then being frustrated all the time.
    your little one will eventually eat on her own time.

    New follower from thirsty thursday
    http://www.bassgiraffe.com/2011/01/weekly-linkups-27.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...