Jan 11, 2011

snow day #2

Well, look at that.  I managed to get dressed today.
Jessica: 1  Snow day: 0

Here we are, stuck at home again.  It wouldn't be so bad except that I would really like to take Cara to the doctor.  Her eye is a little red and drippy, but her doctor's office is closed today.  She's been really congested, and it always manages to creep into her eyes or ears.  Last Sunday on the way to church, I said out loud that Cara had not been sick in need of meds in at least 7 months, since she had that crazy rash.  Way to jinx it mom...

Cara didn't really sleep well last night.  She kept waking up and whining, so at midnight I was rocking her against my chest so that she could breathe a little easier.  There in the dark with my cheek pressed to her forehead (the most scientific way to check for a fever, obviously), I thought of all the hours of sleep I had missed since Cara was born.  How "sleeping in" now means until 8 and only when my hubby gets up with her at 6:30 or 7, how many times I have rocked her back to sleep in the middle of the night.  When Cara was only a few months old, I wondered if I would ever feel rested again.  But, I do.  I don't miss those hours of sleep one bit these days.  And I would never trade those precious minutes of rocking my baby to sleep.  I love them, I love her so much that it's painful sometimes.  My heart aches because she's growing up.  I guess she can't be a baby forever, but she can be my baby forever.

(I put my hubby to work on the blog design last night.  What do you think?  Opinions? Suggestions?)

5 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! .....remember that statement that Cara will be your baby forever. It really never changes. As your children grow and mature, you respect the individual they become and their right to their own life but they will "always be your baby". Love you, Bitsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the new picture heading! I'm sorry Cara is sick! Jack also has a persistent ear infection. I sometimes feel sleepy, but don't so much miss the sleep. Sometimes, I don't even mind when Jack wakes up in the middle of the night bc it's like I've started to miss him by then. (Of course this wears off if I'm up more than 5 mins) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header!!! Perfect for your blog. And I love your snow day ensemble, especially the sweater...I love sweaters!
    About this post: I don't think that there are words enough to describe that achy feeling Mamas get when holding our sweet "babies." I ask Penn all the time what I'm going to do when he's too big for me to hold (which may be sooner than I think). He tells me, "Then I'll just turn back to a baby so you can hold me again!" Seems so simple, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the header, but maybe less white all over. I don't know though. I'm not much of an expert.

    By the way, love your slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new header is really cute! I think the whole page looks very clean and simple, which is what I prefer. Anyway, your slippers are cute and I hope Cara feels better soon!

    Shopping and Spreadsheets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...