Mar 15, 2011

my favorite things

A few things that this mommy is loving these days:

1)  my Wii Fit:  Thank you, PJ, for my awesome birthday present!!  I have every intention of hula hooping my way into my bathing suit this summer.  I have one small bone to pick with my Wii Fit though.  It told me not to let my age slow me down right after it told me happy birthday.  Really, Wii Fit?  Really?  Then it told me that my Wii Fit age was 45.  Really?

I've mostly been doing the yoga, and I have to admit that I'm getting into it.  I have tried yoga several times before and not been terribly interested, but I really like the Wii Fit yoga.  Maybe being in the privacy of my living room helps.

2)  This dress:
I love Forever 21 online because shopping in the store with all the 14 year olds is a little awkward.  Especially with the wild toddler.  Or maybe that's just me.  Whatev, this dress is my new favorite.

3)  My first bag (not diaper bag) in 20 months:
Nine West Clipper 4 Poster Ruffle - Tan
PS-That link has a really, really good deal on this bag.

4)  My Kindle:  I can't believe I have not written about how much I love my Kindle before now.  I got it for Christmas, and I am almost never without it.  New books are so...instant.  And I have read NINE since Christmas.  Want to know what they are? (Of course you do!)
  1. Birth: The Surprising History of How We Are Born by Tina Cassidy (I know it's a little odd that I read this one.  No, I'm not pregnant, but I was very interested in the medical history of labor and delivery.  It will give you a new perspective on forceps and epidurals.)
  2. Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson (I barely made it through this one.  Dobson spends a lot of time bragging about his own parenting skills, and he pretty much lost me when he said that the Girls Scouts are no longer safe for little girls because the organization allows leaders who are feminists, existentialists, or *gasp* communists.  Calling Senator McCarthy!)
  3. The Case for Christmas: A Journalist Investigates the Identity of the Child in the Manger by Lee Strobel (highly recommended)
  4. House Rules by Jodi Picoult (I usually love Picoult, but I figured out this one way before she meant for me to.)
  5. In Defense of Food:  An Eater's Manual by Michael Pollan (I had been wanting to get my hands on this one for a long time.  Read The Omnivore's Dilemma first.)
  6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Love!)
  7. Rockabye: From Wild to Child by Rebecca Woolf (If you like her blog, you'll like her book.)
  8. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (typical of Sparks)
  9. The Confession by John Grisham (typical of Grisham)
  10. And I am currently reading A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway.  Jury's still out.
5) Narragansett No. 7  Absolutely hilarious.

What are you loving these days?

10 comments:

  1. I know long skirts and dresses are in right now, but I am SO hesitant getting them! I'm only 5'0 and it just seems like it would swallow me whole. That one is so pretty though!
    I hadn't thought to shop online forever 21 before, that's a great plan! I am, however, use to running into kids. Working as a high school teacher will do that to ya ;)
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. - my latest book - The Road by Cormac McCarthy - poignant, moving, helps you be appreciative of what you have
    - taking Jack to the library and having him in the stage where he is happy to read books for long stretches
    - cute spring clothes for Jack :)

    I'm actually sitting on two Christmas gift cards to Anthropologie and Banana Republic but don't ever get out to shop these days. I'm a little nervous about online shopping bc I feel like I won't know what will fit/how something will look...how has that worked for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress! I don't have a toddler, but I'd still much rather shop from my couch at home than in the store, any store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! We have a Wii and I hear great things about Wii fit, but I haven't tried it.

    I too, LOVE my kindle. I've read the Jodi Piccoult book and the Nicholas Sparks book you listed. Both enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my husband's kindle! It was a Christmas gift from my parents and frankly I am a little jealous.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need that dress from F21. I have to tell you I am so excited that you shared this. I am in love.

    P.S.

    I need to do Wii fit more. I have to get bating suit ready too, LOL.

    Write it in Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving on my Kindle that arrived yesterday! So a thank you to you for your reading list. Are you linking to KT's refinishing school blog? She has a good BOM club...

    Your daughter is just darling. I miss that age. Norah was all chubby and wild at one point. Now she's a string bean. Still snuggly, but I get a few eyeball rolls and exasperated Mom!!'s every now and then!

    I've heard Wii was a bit sassy!! I guess it serves a purpose. Although, I wonder if working out while resentful is healthy? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with your comment about Forever 21. I MUCH prefer online shopping to the messy/crowded store.

    Tanks for leaving a comment earlier this week on my blog - I appreciate it!

    natalie
    www.nataliegossett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really good post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like it very much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...