Apr 25, 2011

good bye, spring break.

Today was back to work after a fabulous week off.  I can honestly say that I have never had a more productive vacation, and it felt awesome.  In addition to making the wild toddler's Easter dress, I finished up a quilt for my sister's newest little one (he's only one week old!!), I cooked and froze all our meals for this week, and we planted a vegetable garden.  My green thumb comes and goes, so we'll have to wait and see how this turns out.  Too bad I didn't touch not even one piece of paper that needed grading...and the mountain grows...

I also ventured slowly into the land of sewing adult clothing.  I saw this outfit on What I Wore and realized that I could do something kind of similiar.  And so, here's my version:

It's pretty obvious that my legs need some sun exposure soon...

The skirt is literally a tube of fabric with elastic at the top.  That method doesn't create a very cute waistband for the world to see, so I camoflaged it with my new favorite belt.  This belt does wonders for the chocolate-bunny-tummy (don't act like you don't know what that is).

shirt: F21
belt: Express
skirt: me!

And this is what I look like when my husband catches me mid-sentence:

totally awesome.

And finally, since I promised, here are some precious moments captured of the wee one in her Easter finest:






11 comments:

  1. Wow! I love the outfits. Great job! Your little one is so cute. :) Glad you enjoyed your spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1) That skirt is so cute!! Is it really just a tube of fabric with elastic on the top? I think EVEN I could attempt that. I have a few belts I could use to camo the elastic as well. Is it a thick fabric?

    #2) Sweetest pics of the Easter princess. So, so, so, so precious. Her dress is perfect, too!

    #3) You did more in a week off than I did all year. There should be an award for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on your skirt!! I never would have guessed it had a gathered elastic top...the belt hid that perfectly!

    Oh dear...I love your little one's pigtails. WAY TOO CUTE :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The skirt is beyond cute!!! You are making me want to bust out the sewing machine again. OMG, awesome.

    And your legs are killer, too. Dang- having a jealousy moment over here ;)

    You should be super proud of that vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE the skirt! It looks so great with the denim top; it really completes the outfit and looks so good with the belt! (I am JEALOUS...I know that isn't very becoming, but whatever. I wish I had sewing-skills)! I hope to see more of your "adult clothing" creations...clearly, you are on to something!

    And awwww, your little girl is so cute in her Easter dress and little pigtails. :)

    Hope you are having a beautiful week!

    xo
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. sharp outfit! skirt, belt, blouse ... awesome combo ~ ur little gal's hair's buns are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt...and Sweet Girl's Easter Dress. You are so talented (and fashionable)! I'm glad you had such a great spring break...I remember those mounds of papers not being graded;) I don't miss it, yet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter looks darling in her awesome one of a kind Easter dress! And her mama's looking very stylin' too. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the skirt! You're awesome on that sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome! You should say that is how you look when your husband says you are hot :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...