Apr 19, 2011

it's all in the details

I spent the better part of yesterday working on Cara's Easter dress, and I am happy to report that it is ADORABLE. 


It's not a super complicated pattern, but for me, this was a lesson in little details.  The pleats needed measuring and that accent collar-thing needed a lot of ironing, and I have to confess that I'm a little surprised that I didn't botch anything.

My hubby is awesome.  Look at the texture in that seersucker!  Mad photo skillz.

I managed to sew straight around the collar-thing, and I even finished the armholes without any disasters.  But the little details MAKE this dress for me.  I mean, who doesn't love a bow or three?  So girly! 



And the buttons...six for a dollar, and they are so cute.  I love the detail around the edges.  PS-I am terrified of buttonholes, so I fake them out with a loop of elastic.  One day, I promise I'll try it.  But not today.

Expect tons and tons of pics of the wild toddler looking all sweet on Easter morning.

Speaking of Easter, here's how I'm getting ready for it:




8 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks AMAZING! Super kudos to you. Something tells me I am a little behind in making my Easter plans... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH! That dress is fantastic! Great job! Blair has a dress almost identical that I surely didn't make. Can't wait to see the little munchkin in her Easter best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing skills with your sewing! I have ambitions to create a dress for my own sweet girl one day! First, just have to find the time to attempt even a skirt! haha :) And thanks for sharing the songs ... music is so moving to me and creates such a warm spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress! You did such a fabulous job! Take lots of pictures of your little cutie in it :)

    Also, I love Chris Tomlin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! You should be so proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your right....ADORABLE! Great job on the dress! Can't wait to see Cara in it.

    I love Chris Tomlin too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing! I have no talent when it come to thread * * & heart the tunes ~ ~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...