Apr 3, 2011

a sweet spring dress and a button



For a while, I had imposed a dress moratorium on myself because I was in danger of becoming an addict.  Then, I realized that the seasons had changed, which obviously means that new dresses are required.  Yay!

I love the Leila and Ben Sweet Dress pattern.  Its simplicity leaves lots of room for imagination.  I stole borrowed some ideas from craftiness is not optional (I LOVE her tutorials!), and this dress was born last night.  I actually bought this Amy Butler fabric for a dress I am working on for a friend, but I loved it so much that I bought an extra yard or two.  Cara's Easter dress is also going to feature a little of that green print.  So perfect for a (finally!) warm spring Sunday!

On a completely unrelated note, I have been nagging my hubby to make me a button for a little while now (as if he has nothing else to do...), and when Rachel told me that it was high time I had one, he was spurred to action.  :-)  So, here it is:




where is my instruction manual...


11 comments:

  1. Cara is beautiful. I seriously feel taunted by your craftiness! Should I learn how to sew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress AND button! At first, I thought you were referring to Cara as the "button", which I thought was just adorable... :) But I'm digging your blog button, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok ... so now I have two things on my sewing to do list! A market skirt (cause i totally have a ton of that stripe fabric left) and this dress because I have a gorgeous teal and brown fabric!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always so impressed with people who can sew. I would love to make my daughter's Easter dress! Instead I've bought her 3 bday dresses so far and there's still 3 weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay...I'm an idot. I was looking all over that dress for a little button! Ha! That dress is way cute though and perfect for spring. I'm going to have to try a dress at some point for my new little niece coming in May! I can't wait to check out those tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her braids are simply perfect (you must be a quick braider) (!) Of course the dress is adorable. I envy your sewing savy! The pose in the first pic is to die for. Love. Love. Love.

    High five up top for hustling hubby for a button. It sure is a cute one! Snagging it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute!!!!! I want to make one for my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little dress is so precious. Does it come in my size!?
    Cute button of a cute girl! Want to do a button trade?
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG * how cute is ur little bean?! luv the dress & double french braids! :D

    ps. sweet button ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! I wish I could figure out the sewing thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is precious!!!! Love the dress you made her for Easter!

    I'm also having a giveaway! If you want to check it out, i'd love that! Here is the link:
    http://krystalbowman.blogspot.com/2011/04/enter-my-very-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...