May 19, 2011

medical emergency update

Cara's little "surgery" seems to have been a success.  The process of it was pretty awful though.  PJ and I had to hold her down while the surgeon gave her the numbing shot, which didn't seem to do much numbing because she screamed the entire time.  So sad.  I couldn't watch what the medical folks were doing, but PJ did.  By the time we got home, Cara was pretty upset, and she quickly moved on to inconsolable.  She was obviously in pain and tossed and turned around in my lap, desperately trying to find a comfortable spot.  Again, so sad. 

After a little Tylenol and a long nap, we had a new child.  It boggles my mind.  She was ready to run and play and required no more snuggling or coddling.  I think children have superhuman bodies or something because I know I would have whined a whole lot more than she did.  Here's how Cara spent her afternoon yesterday:




Perhaps I overreacted a little.  There is still some healing to be done before I'm comforable sending her back to daycare, but the best medicine right now seems to be gummies.  I think she'll survive.  Especially since she's recovered enough today to request her purple shoes and a dress.

(please ignore the pressure washer in the chair in the living room.  i have no idea.)

11 comments:

  1. Oh bless her, so pleased it went well! I don't think a parent can over react at a time like this, none of us like to think of of children in pain, and as much as we know that the doctors are trying to help, seeing them being injected or sedated for surgery is never a nice thing to witness.

    I'm always amazed how my boy bounces back from surgery, seems to take me a lot longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she is feeling better! That sounds like an altogether icky experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SO glad to hear she recovered so quickly! And her dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prayed for both of you yesterday. I'm glad to hear that she is back to normal today. :) She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear it! Sometimes it amazes me what good sleep does for my kids too when they have a medical problem.

    Her waves are so pretty! Little girls have the prettiest hair:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! She is so precious. My older daughter, who was home sick from school, actually said several times yesterday "I'm praying for baby Cara!"

    She'll be so relieved when she hears this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that she's better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad she is recovering quickly. Hopefully she continues to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad!! :) Sick babies are the worst. I'm browsing the blogosphere, waiting for Emmy to wake up with her double ear infection. Hope she has a smiley face like Cara tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, so glad she's better! I hate having a sick baby. It's like time stands still until you know what the heck is wrong.

    LOVE the dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad everything went great (she's so pretty, by the way)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...