May 3, 2011

so I got bored

with my hair.  If you haven't seen me lately (or haven't looked at my blog header lately), my hair has been medium longish for at least three or four years.  I've added bangs or more layers, but nothing very drastic.  All it takes is one really bad haircut to make a girl shy away from a dramatic change.  (I don't really want to talk about it cause it was *that* bad.)  But, my haircut lady and I have been going strong for over a year, and she has never once done me wrong (even when I showed up 45 minutes late), so I felt like it was time to throw off the weight of my hair and embrace leaning back in chair with no hair pull-age.

And so we have this, which seems very drastic to me but probably not so much to the rest of the world.  I love it regardless of how drastic the world thinks it is.

Of course, my husband pouted when I told him I was going for the chop.  If it was up to him, I would have a long, Amish braid (no offense to the Amish, but I'm not Amish), but when I came home, he was kind and complimentary.

The best part was taking the pictures.  Seriously, I am a terrible subject, and PJ could only laugh and tell me to just stop talking! 

Apparently, that's hard for me.

It's also hard for me to take any kind of decent picture.  Here's the best we got:



Just kidding.  Sort of.


16 comments:

  1. I love it! I've been itching to cut mine again. Yours looks awesome! Pack is scared to death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, what "Pack said" above is actually from me...I laughed and laughed when I realized I said that under his "guise." hahaha I still think your haircut is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!!! Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new do! Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous! I would have super short sexy hair if my husband liked that sort of thing. He is also a long hair lover. But one day, I will cut mine off too. It's just a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks aMAYzing. Truly! And I can tell you have really great hair. Jealous...but only a little ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH! Rock that haircut! It's a great length and looks oh-so-fabulous on you! It really is a flattering length and I can imagine how lightweight and liberating it must feel to you! Super cute!

    Guys are funny when it comes to long hair. On New Years Eve of 2008, I chopped my mid-back length hair to a short bob, just at my jawline. My husband was petrified and resistant at the thought but was still super supportive when I came home with the new 'do. Sometimes, a good haircut is just what we need to feel renewed and refreshed.

    P.S. The novelty of super-short-hair wore off and I'll never do that again. It was fun while it lasted, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE IT! I'm also a hair victim who refuses drastic hair chopping due to a traumatic hair cut :/ It looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, you look great! I'm going for a body wave next week. Nervous. Hope it turns out as complimentary as your new do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new look! You look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! I like it long, too, but sometimes it's good to change it up a bit :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you got yer hur did!!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...