May 22, 2011

two new dresses

So, I might have made matching dresses for Cara and me.  Not on purpose; I just had lots of fabric and a few patterns I wanted to try. 

We might have worn our dresses to church this morning.  It's not weird to dress like your almost two year old...is it?  I thought we looked like a wedding party.  I can be an awesome bridesmaid. 

We coaxed a tiny smile.
 But she was having none of it after that.
 Still not having it. 
 So we took a walk. 
And she was better.
my dress:  New Look 6557
Cara's dress:   Simplicity 2265

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful dresses. How is Cara doing after her little procedure; is she fully recovered?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both beautiful! The dresses and you two girls :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those dresses! Smart mama!

    Pam Gaddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are beyond adorable. I loved doing this with my mom when I was little!
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my yall are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is sooooo precious!! love it!! i keep telling myself i want to dress myself up to match my daughter...what a great idea you had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. since have my girl, i really wish i could sew. :) pretty, pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. matching dresses.
    that could get out of control.
    i ADORE this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you made those. They are beautiful. Your hair looks awesome. You do look a bit like a bridal party, but who cares? Little girls are the ultimate fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful seamstress you are. I love the bodice on hers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I am soooooo (or sew) jealous of people that sew clothes! I need to practice and learn to make more than just curtains :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Sweet! I love that you 2 match. Do it now while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that is so cool that your daughter can copy your dress styles. I love the 6557, the fabric choice is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...