Jun 13, 2011

inspiration (or lack of)

I have been off for one full week, and I am already lazy.  How sad is that?  I had big, ambitious plans for all of the things I was going to accomplish with my free time, but so far, all I have done is give the house a good cleaning, make a romper, and play.  Lots and lots of playing. 

Not that there is anything at all wrong with playing (it was definitely on my list of things to accomplish), but I also wanted to complete the 30 day shred, add new recipes to my dinner toolbox, sew a lot and learn some new techniques, and read a huge stack of books.  Unfortunately, my inspiration to do all of these things is seriously lacking.  I love reading, sewing, and cooking--I won't even pretend to like working out--so you would think that I would be all over these activities, but I just don't have projects that I am super excited about. 

In theory, I should be excited about all of these things.  I have a secret sewing project that I am actually pretty jazzed about, but the details of the project are still a little vague.  I am teaching a new class next year, which is so cool, but I can't start reading those books until I finish the one I am currently reading, and it's taking me FOREVER to get through The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.  Grr...  And, I should be all excited about dinner in the summer since I love fresh fruits and veggies, and seriously, those take like zero preparation, and I have my own little garden in the back yard.  My little garden is definitely growing, but nothing is ready for eating yet.  Soon, I think, but not yet.

So there's where I am today.  Uninspired.  Can you direct me to some inspiration?  Perhaps drop me a link that will get my creative juices flowing again?  I will be forever grateful (ok, maybe not forever, but at least for the summer).

7 comments:

  1. My problem is I'm too inspired, but not nearly as motivated as I should be! :)
    But speaking of inspiration, are you on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have been doing a lot and have some inspiration up your sleeve. I've seen some blogging buds making summer bucket lists. I think I'm going to do that with my boys once school is out on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry...I think your inspiration is in St. Pete...with mine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am in a bit of a little funk, not so much regarding inspiration moreso in regards to Motivation!
    Sometimes doing nothing is just as important to the soul as doing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you've managed to clean the house already, I'd say you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur kicking bum mama * all the things in our mind will come in play when we're ready ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ummm...Pinterest, if you're not already on there! You are super creative, so I could definitely see you loving and benefitting from Pinterest. I can just see all your potential sewing projects on there... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...