Jun 10, 2011

the Saffron romper


I just can't stay away from my sewing machine for very long.  I'm actually working on a secret project, and this little romper was a practice round.  I cannot put into words how much I love this fabric.  Amy Butler is a genius.  Thank goodness I have a dress for me already cut out, but I promise not to wear it when Cara wears hers.  (*wink, wink*)

The pattern for this romper can be found here.   It was super quick and easy, a naptime project at most.  I love it when things come together like that!



Look at that face.  I love it.

Side note:  Cara is not a fan of these photo sessions anymore.  There is no cheesing for the camera.  Most of the pictures look like this:
Really?  No smiles for Daddy?

9 comments:

  1. Cute romper and even cuter sweet girl. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this! And Cara is just the cutest little model (happy or not). She looks so much like her pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her! Even when she's crying she's beautiful though. And I love that romper. I wish I had an ounce of talent for things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE outfit!!! very jealous of your skills...don't you miss the days when they couldn't sit up or walk or basically move yet and we could do all the photo sessions we wanted? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That romper is gorgeous!! And I am used to that miserable face. I usually start making a big deal about photographing Jax's sad face, then laughing when I look at the image on the camera, and usually he gets interested and start hamming it up. She looks beautiful, unhappy face or not!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could she be ANY cuter?! I think not! LOVE the romper - functional, yet adorable for girls! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this romper! You're right too, the fabric is gorgeous!! You must post Mommy and Me pics when you make yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, adORable! super cute romper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thing I thought was "I love that fabric"! As usual, you did an awesome job. All your little projects make me wish I had a girl! Can't wait to see the piece you are doing for yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...