Jun 6, 2011

six years

PJ and I celebrated six years of marriage on Saturday.  I should probably clarifying "celebrating" since our definition may be slightly different from everyone else's.  Last year, we spent the weekend at the beach sans baby, and it was most definitely needed.  It's way too easy to go through the motions of everyday life and not really live.  Two working parents plus a baby can equal going through the motions in a hurry, and I still find myself in this place more often than I want to. 

The beach wasn't really an option this year because my school's graduation fell on our anniversary, and it seemed like our day was full before we had made our own plans.  PJ had wanted to cook a special dinner, but we didn't even have time for that.  It was a go-go-go kind of day.  And that's okay because the purpose of an anniversary is to stop and appreciate the one you have, right?  Show a little extra attention, say an extra "thank you" and "I love you."  Aren't those things we should do every day?

We had an easier schedule for Sunday, as in no schedule.  PJ got to cook his awesome dinner.  While we ate, we watched the sky darken and listened to the thunder roll in, so we decided that a quick bath for the toddler might lead us into a movie until bed time.  I made some brownies, left the dirty dishes in the sink, and snuggled into the couch with my hubby and my girl to watch "the prates no do EN-LEE-LING" (that's toddler speak for "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"...obviously).

This anniversay might not have been the most exciting one yet, but last night on the couch, I was so thankful for my little family.  We have each other for the rest of our lives.  I feel like showering them both with extra hugs, kisses, and I love yous.  The past six years have been the best, and I pray for many, many more.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary! We get caught up going through the motions alot too sometimes. It's so nice to spend some down time together, even if it is on the couch :)

    Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 6 years :) it's a beaut' milestone however it's celebrated * *

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you two! Wishing you many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally got the title of the movie. :) Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...