Jul 20, 2011

am I whining?

I'm not gonna lie.  The past three or four days have been a leeeetle bit stressful.  I think there are times when being a parent is just irritating or difficult, but most of the time, I really enjoy it.  There is a lot of fun to be had, but for the past few days, the fun has been sprinkled in with some annoyance. 

Remember when I was whining about how things were just a little irritating a few days ago?  I vowed that the afternoon would be better, right?  When Cara is cranky, letting her play outside or taking her into a public place tend to ease the situation a little, so I thought a trip to the library and then to the park might cure our case of the blahs.  I had not taken Cara to the library yet, so on the way there, we talked about the rules and all that stuff.  The first thing I did when we got there was ask the librarian if I needed a new library card.  I hadn't used it in 7 or 8 years, but she assured me that it would still be in the system.  So Cara and I went to read and find some books to take home.

One of the first things to happen was a disaster.  Cara tripped and hit her face on the floor, ending up with a bloody lip.  She cried, as any child with a bloody lip would be expected to do, but I was mortified because we were in such a quiet place.  She did eventually calm down and no one asked us to leave, but it was pretty much downhill from there.  The rules were forgotten, and I think Cara was a little overwhelmed by too many books.  I quickly picked out three books so that we could get out of there.  Wouldn't you know it, my library card was not in the system.  That crazy librarian started to hand me a clipboard of forms to fill out while my two year old ran circles around my legs.  She even seemed shocked that I declined the forms.  So we left with a scabby lip and no books.  *sigh*  At least the park was fairly uneventful.

Fortunately (or really, unfortunately), I now know why Cara was getting a little irritable.  She got another MRSA bump on her little bottom.  This one didn't seem quite as scary and painful as the last one, so I wasn't sure it was really another MRSA bump.  Good thing I'm not a doctor.  What should have been a routine 2 year old well visit with no shots (I asked ahead of time) turned into draining another bump on Cara's bottom with a big needle and a surprise shot.    We were a sad pair leaving the doctor's office yesterday.  After a nap, Cara seemed well enough to join a buddy for a playdate at the children's museum, but it might have been a little too much.  She laid in my lap from the moment we got home until I finally put her in bed for nite-nite. 

I seem to be having some trouble letting things roll off my back lately.  So here I am, writing it all out in hopes that now that it's off my chest, it's also out of my system.  Sorry for all the blah, and I promise my next post will be upbeat and happy.  Fingers crossed.

(pic totally stolen from my friend's facebook page)

3 comments:

  1. No, that is not whining. It is exactly why I decided to start blogging. Sometimes it feels better just to get it all out there and for other moms, it helps us remember that our circumstances are not the center of the world. I'm so sorry that Cara had another bump, but maybe she'll be feeling back to her normal perky self soon. When something with a child is "not right" it affects every aspect of their being, doesn't it? I hope things will soon turn around, but otherwise, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging is a great way to vent and get things off your chest...and people are so supportive, so keep it up :) I'm hoping Cara is recovered and on to her usual self (and you too)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's whining!! I do it all the time. It's just venting!! We moms really need it. (That's why I blog). I don't have many friends, so I need some kind of outlet to release my bad day frustrations.
    Hope y'all have a better week ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...