Jul 12, 2011

Cara's birthday outfit

I think this is the most excited I have been about a sewing project ever (I'm sure I'll say that again about the next project).  I knew I wanted Cara to have a special outfit for her birthday, and then I saw this dress.  I LOVED the buttons as decoration, so I began a brainstorm of how to make this work for Miss Cara's special outfit.  I settled on a romper because it seems more playful than a dress, and I decided I would use the buttons to make flowers on the top of the romper.  And this adorable outfit was born:


This was my first time attempting embroidery, and I am quite pleased with how it turned out.  This was also the first time I was a little sad that I don't have a serger; that paisley pink fabric ravels very, very easily, and I had to do a little repair work after it was washed.  A little more high maintenance than I usually like, but I can forgive this little romper because it is SO STINKIN CUTE! :-)


9 comments:

  1. I love that so much...if I'm having a girl, I'm sure I'll be giving some of these projects a try:) Maybe I'll get some motivation soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kimberly! I have to admit that I am secretly hoping you have a girl! :-) Those adorable little boys need a sister to take care of! Hope you're feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO stinkin cute! I put my sewing machine in our attic because I was tired of dusting it off! LOL! This little outfit has inspired me to pull it back out and make some sweet outfits for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet outfit! I love it! Good job on the embroidery. Very impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Now we just need a pic of Cara wearing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I am SOOOOOO Impressed! It looks amazing. None of your stuff every looks homemade. Totally professional. Talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG that is ADORABLE!!! go you mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO stinking cute is right!! Can't wait to see her in it :) You are so talented. I would never be brave enough to try something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so STINKIN cute sums it all up!! I bet she looks ADORABLE in it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...