Jul 27, 2011

life lessons from the park

Even though it's been 100 degrees here for the last two thousand days, this morning managed to hover around 75 for a little while.  So, at 8 am, Cara and I made our way to only the most awesome, fenced-in, toddler-friendly park ever.  And we learned a few things.

Life Lesson #1:  Find your courage.  Because, although the big slide seems scary from way up at the top, it's actually really fun.

Life Lesson #2:  You will take a tumble or two.  You will trip over your toes when you run full speed, and you will fall down the side-of-the-mountain-step-thing, but it will be okay.  Refer to life lesson #1 and try again.  (Which she did.  When she got to the top of the side-of-the-mountain-step-thing, she pumped her fists in the air and shouted "BIG GIRL."  H-yeah!)

Life Lesson #3:  You will have to share, even when you don't want to.  No, I'm afraid the entire playground isn't Cara's.  Even though we had it to ourselves for almost an hour, if someone else wants to play on the steps, you can't run over screaming "Cara's steps!"  Besides, it's way more fun to have a little buddy to play with.

Life Lesson #4:  When you get home, mommy will accidentally doze off on the couch while you watch Sesame Street.  Don't take advantage of the situation.  Oops.  My bad. 

10 comments:

  1. Great lessons, especially #4. ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this post is so cute and true. I can't remember the number of times I have dozed on the sofa.
    Visiting from: Bottles, Diapers ... Babies!
    http://bottlesdiapersbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post- so fun! And your blog title rocks! Your daughter is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha..."Cara's Steps!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all such adorable lessons! And my child is in a "Cara's Steps!" phase right now too... hopefully it doesn't last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this - all so true! Visiting from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Next time I accomplish something awesome I'm totally doing the fist pump of triumph while shouting "Big girl!".

    Really cute post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lessons in life well learned....especially #4. Isn't amazing how much energy kids have?! Seriously, it's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh.....park life lessons. I know these well. I wish someone would tell me when kids share with a joyful heart. Mine will be twenty declaring things "hers" at the rate we're going.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...