Jul 25, 2011

my favorite things, lately

1.  Serious beauty slacker-ness.  As in, I really like not wearing make up, fixing my hair, or shaving my legs (sorry, Peeej).  Long dresses are my friend.  I'm coming to terms with the reality that these days of lazy are numbered.  I'm headed back to work in 13 days, so I'm enjoying it while I can.

2.  Cara at TWO.  She says her prayers, the whole thing, all by herself.  She shows everyone she meets her blue toenails.  She likes lots and lots of hugs.  She still picks her nose, though.

3.  Princess movies.  I had some initial reservations about the princesses, but I've given up.  It's just too hot to do much of anything else, even play in the bathwater outside baby pool in the back yard.  So, we've watched Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, and Tangled.  The Little Mermaid was one of my favorites as a child, and I find myself getting a little sentimental about it.  Me, sentimental?  Never!

4.  Sewing gifts.  I have been sewing some adorable baby gifts lately, and I'm about to start on my niece's 3 year old birthday present.  I love it.  True story:  When I picked out the baby gift fabric, the lady behind the counter asked what I was planning to make, so I told her.  Her response was, "oh, that's an interesting fabric choice for a baby..."  Whatev.

5.  Letters to Ames.  My new favorite blog.

2 comments:

  1. We went camping recently and I also found the joy in no makeup, what was I thinking even packing it? That and my hair in a ponytail with a ballcap on...yep I sported that for about 5 days straight :)

    Enjoy the rest of your time off Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nose picking takes a while...my four year old still tries to sneek em'! Found you through FTLOB today, have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...