Jul 10, 2011

you are two

Dear Cara,

My sweet baby girl, you are two.  I guess we should stop calling you "Baby Cara" now, but I don't think we will.


Sometimes your daddy and I can hardly believe it's been ONLY two years since you joined our little family.  We wonder what we used to do with all of our time.  You have filled up our days with fun and joy, and we wouldn't trade that for anything.  Not even for two more gummies.


You have the most awesome two-year-old personality ever.  You are so spunky and independent.  You like to wave and say "hi" to the people we pass in parking lots, and you love it when strangers tell you that you are cute.  You won't let me help you walk down the front steps anymore, but you still want cuddles and kisses from mommy if you trip.




We are so amazed by how smart you are.  You already know your shapes and colors, all the letters of the alphabet and their sounds, and you can count to ten!  Your daddy and I love to listen to you talk and sing, and your teachers at school think their conversations with you are hilarious.  You always have so much to tell us!




I love you and Daddy more than I thought I could ever love anything in the world.  You have taught me how to be less selfish and how to find joy in everyday moments.  I am so excited to see what you are like when you grow up (but I can wait a long while to find out).



Thank you for letting me be your mommy.  I love you to the moon and back.  Happy birthday, Baby Cara.

7 comments:

  1. So sweet! Happy birthday, precious Cara! Two comes quickly, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing your adorable girl a wonderful birthday! Motherhood is so awesome huh but man they grow so fast. Enjoy your two year old sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious - happy birthday to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet post. Continue to cherish every minute with her. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet and happy girl!

    the july giftaway - is on! an anthropologie pillow and some goodies! enter and pass along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I guess I should have read this one first! I LOVE how she looks in it and I LOVE that she had a costume change into a princess outfit. She seems absolutely delightful. I wish we could get the kids together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! Happy birthday, adorable girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...