Aug 15, 2011

first trimesters are lovely

I think it kind of goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway:  PJ and I are thrilled about baby #2.  It just feels right.  When we told Cara that there was a baby in my tummy, she inspected my belly button very carefully to see if she could find it.  I guess she decided that we were crazy for thinking a baby could fit in there.  Silly parents.

I think we're also thrilled to see this first trimester winding down.  I'm not gonna lie.  There are days when it has felt difficult to be alive.  When I was pregnant with Cara, I don't think I had any symptoms.  I keep asking PJ if he remembers me being particularly tired or cranky or nauseous, and he swears he doesn't remember any of that.  (Good man.)  I don't remember even feeling pregnant until the baby belly arrived.  However, this go around, I feel pregnant.  The nausea and exhaustion have been pretty intense, although I'm starting to feel a little more like myself again. 

This biggest difference has been how quickly my body has changed.  Everything remembered what to do.  I swear my uterus went ahead and pushed itself forward a bit and all my other internal organs shifted to their preggo positions.  And don't get me started on the girls...they definitely remember nursing. 

At first, I was pretty certain that I would be able to keep this one a secret until 12 weeks or so, but when I went back to work, people noticed.  I guess I could have played it off, oh, it's just one too many Blue Moons this summer, but maybe I was a little excited.  And that's okay.  Babies are exciting!

There are so many questions hanging around, like where are we going to put this baby? or how are we going to pay for daycare for two? or when are we going to sleep again?? but I know that God will take care of us.  We had even more questions and concerns before Cara was born, and God arranged things in His perfect way.  That doesn't mean everything is or will be easy, but it does mean that He will provide the answers we need in His timing.  It feels good to let it all rest right there.



7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic attitude to have, we freaked out when we found out we were expecting twins, who does that first time round!? It was so important to remember to actually enjoy the whole process, so pleased your starting to feel more like 'you'!

    How cute, Cara looking for baby in your belly button, I used to think that was where babies came from too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats...every pregnancy is different, i was super sick with one and not with my second...weird huh...:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny about the body changes (not like, "Haha" funny, but just strange). My body had no idea what pregnancy felt like the first time around. I don't remember any symptoms really either besides some minor morning sickness. Jude's pregnancy caught on a little faster and on this one, my body started showing symptoms before I even considered that I was pregnant. And it's amazing how God knows what we need to take care of those little ones...his gifts to us. Life may not be easier, but it is so much better to be surrounded by those precious babies:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, God will work out the details. I remember my stomach popping out right away with my 2nd and 3rd babies. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I pray you continue to focus on the blessing and let God take care of the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS! So excited for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...