Sep 25, 2011

fall fashion week--Sunday



I know that Fall Fashion Week over at Emery's blog actually started yesterday, but I have to confess that I didn't manage the whole "getting dressed" thing yesterday.  There's no sickness or anything that prevented me from taking a shower and putting clothing on; I just didn't want to.  I needed a Saturday of resting, not leaving my house, and (wait for it...) SEWING!  

I know this isn't what people typically do when they need a day off, but it works for me.  This past week felt like it would never end and I was at a constant state of 5:30 in the morning, so I decided to take the weekend off from the world.  I made my little family hang out with me at Hobby Lobby on Friday night (wild times) so that I could pick out some fall-ish fabric, and Cara now has two new dresses to add to her newly cleaned-out closet.

I stretched my creative muscles a little with these dresses.  I used the Leila and Ben Sweet Dress pattern, which I have made hundreds of times (see here and here), but I added some different twists to these dresses.  I'm not going to pretend to be a designer or anything as I'm fairly certain that I'm not the first person to think of adding a ruffle or an elastic waist to a peasant dress, but my google search did not produce any tutorials or pictures that were similar to what I wanted.  For going at it on my own, I'm pretty proud of how these dresses turned out.

Here is dress #1 with a ruffle down the front.  Dress #2 will be coming tomorrow, most likely.
leggings: Target
shoes: Kohl's
hairbow: gift from my sister


And here I am, about 17 weeks preggo.
dress: Forever 21
jacket: Ann Taylor LOFT
My shoes will remain a mystery.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Look at your little girl! So adorable!! I love your maxi dress! These kinds of dresses are necessary while preggo! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so glowingly gorgeous!! That dress looks amazing paired with the cropped denim jacket- bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! The color of the dress is perfect! And kudos on your daughter's dress. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're adorable!! LOVE the outfits on you and your cute girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your dress! Tell me you wear that when there's no bun in your oven. Because I ABSOLUTELY would.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Molly: I do! It's my favorite dress ever, pregnant or not.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on making that dress for your daughter. It is adorable! And I am loving the colorful maternity dress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and Cara look fabulous. I love the print on your dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...