Sep 7, 2011

what I wore: 14 weeks

top: Old Navy
pants: borrowed from my sister
shoes: Target

Now I know why my husband kept telling me to stand up straight--that nice combo of a drop-waist top and baggy wide-leg pants makes me look nice and short! :-) I don't think I care though; I really liked this outfit when I put it on Tuesday morning.  I didn't like it so much when I got to school and realized that the air conditioning was having some *ahem* difficulties.  I usually spend my days freezing in my classroom.  I threw 18 tantrums in my head, and then I got over it.  The imaginary tantrums just make me tired anyway.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I'm really starting to look pregnant these days.  It's pretty exciting on the one hand.  There is a baby growing up a storm in there!! On the other hand, apparently this gives other ladies freedom to say whatever they want about what I'm eating, how quickly I'm expanding, or (my favorite) how swollen my face has looked.  I know I am the queen of saying dumb things, but I'm pretty sure that all of these ladies have forgotten what it's like to be pregnant.  An alien is driving the mothership, folks.  That's all I can say.

pleated poppy

13 comments:

  1. Jessica, I love it. HaHa. You know, people will say anything! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your outfit! It's cute and professional. I like how you pulled a color from the top for the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It's really nice on you.......what matters is how you feel in your body, people will always talk around, they can't stop doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfit. And LOL @ "alien driving the mother ship". I totally remembered how insensitive people could be when I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember trying to explain to my hubby that being pregnant was like having your body overtaken by an alien :) Hand in there girly, you look great! I see zero chub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look beautiful and I love the outfit! :) Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ever since I was 8 weeks, the same person has told me every week, "I can't believe how pregnant you look!" I know she thinks it must be flattering to me, but the fact is, at that point, the baby is still the size of a jelly bean and the belly is just bloat. You, on the other hand, look great! And I love the last line...it's soooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the things people say! I have been told (near the end), "are you sure you aren't having twins??" and one of my faves, "you really have that pregnany waddle down!" ... totally disgusted. However, I wish I looked as great as you! Right now, I just look chubby! lol!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you to all of you for your sweet words and encouragement! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who catches the crazy from other people's mouths! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great! And I was shocked when I was pregnant with my daughter at the things people would say to me. One time a rather large lady from another department (so I didn't even know her) informed me that I was "starting to waddle." Boy did I have to bite my tongue that time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfit. I know the feeling...those little aliens can do a number on you whether other people know it or not!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving being able to follow your pregnancy! :) Babies are so exciting!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this outfit! I am totally digging the drop waist AND the boot cut pants; it looks really good on you, but where is that cute belly? I can't even tell that you are pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...