Oct 14, 2011

candy corn

A few days ago, I felt the itch to sew, so I took Cara to the fabric store.  She was feeling particularly "big girl" that day, so she informed me that she would be walking in the store and not riding in a cart.  I obliged.  We wandered over to a table full of bolts of silly Halloween prints, and I told Cara to pick out the one she liked the best.  Elmo as a witch/goblin/something almost won, but then she spotted the candy corn.  No competition.  Candy corn it was.  She insisted on carrying the bolt of fabric to the cutting table and then carrying the folded yard of fabric to the counter.  Too bad she didn't also insist on paying.


Here we have another of MADE's Market Skirts.  It took me a quick hour or so over two school nights.  This morning when I showed Cara the finished outfit, she said, "Oooooo!  I like it!" (We've been working on those personal pronouns.)


Flower hairbow added per Cara's instructions, and she was ready for a fun day at school.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

5 comments:

  1. SO ADORABLE! And so jealous at how quickly you are able to throw an outfit together like that. I started one such skirt for Maecie back in June ... then once I got preggers, things have stopped. Luckily I had sized it for 2t. Perhaps I will finish it by the time she's big enough! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute! I am addicted to candy corn, I would've picked that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute. And kid approved. What more could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...