Oct 8, 2011

welcome fall

Fall and spring are my two favorite times of the year, and all of those 100 degree days this summer have made fall particularly welcome this year.  I have read some beautiful posts welcoming fall (see here and here), but in the spirit of having more stress-free fun, my little family welcomed fall with a visit to a local pumpkin patch.  Here, let Cara explain:



All good Saturday morning outings start with an amazing breakfast, and amazing it was. 

Happy face, Daddy.

Cheese grits with scrambled eggs, green chiles, and sausage.  Holy crap.  Thank you, Lell's Cafe.

Cara says "thank you" too.

After breakfast, we drove out to Bush-N-Vine for a hayride and pumpkin picking.  Cara was a big fan of the hayride.  She kept saying over and over "I like it the hayride!"


There is such a huge difference between my little camera and my hubby's DSLR.











Cara had a blast running up and down the dirt road and hiking through the pumpkin patch.  PJ and I had fun tagging along too.  Welcome, fall!  Thanks for bringing us slightly cooler weather and pumpkins!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower from the Weekend Wander blog hop. Hop over and say HI if you get a chance.
    Jennifer from Just Wedeminute

    My kids are 10 and 11 and we still love the pumpkin patch! Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes indeed...beautiful pics!

    I don't do grits (don't hate me) but the eggs with chiles sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I simply love Fall too....
    It's magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her sunglasses are fabulous :) She really is an independent, big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last picture with the little teeth poking out is FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...