Nov 3, 2011

give thanks, #1

(Last year, I did a series of posts throughout November called "30 Days of Gratitude," which was one way that I adjusted my attitude and got myself into the holiday spirit.  I'm not sure I have the time/energy for daily posts this year, but I can't go through November without remembering how much I have to be thankful for!)

I absolutely love this season of my life.  PJ and I are both pretty busy these days, but it's a fulfilling kind of busy, one that leaves us tired but feeling accomplished.  PJ's new job is definitely more demanding than his previous job was, but I'm so proud of how hard he works.  He's a wonderful role model for Cara; her standards are going to be sky-high when it comes to choosing a prom date simply because her dad is an awesome man.  And as a husband, PJ has been so supportive and understanding for his crazy, pregnant wife.  Last night, I was absolutely exhausted and fell asleep on the couch right about the time that bath and bed time needed to start.  My hubby picked up the slack, no complaints.  He's wonderful about stepping up when I'm not on my A-game. 

I love having a two-year-old.  Her innocence and honesty inspire and delight me on a daily basis.  I hear all these horror stories about the terrible twos, and maybe we just got really lucky or maybe we're blinded by love, but Cara just seems to get cuter and sweeter as she gets older.  Motherhood can be a dirty job (especially when mommy has to clean poop out of the bathtub...), but hearing a sweet little voice say "thank you" will make any bitterness melt away.  (True story. Cara sat on the toilet while I cleaned the poop out of the bathtub and said, "Poopy nasty.  Thank you, Mommy" over and over.)  I think knowing Cara's days as our only child are numbered makes me appreciate those little moments even more.  Not that I particularly enjoy cleaning up poop, but that she's at an age where she can now express her feelings with hugs and kisses and "please" and "thank you." 

I am so thankful for this little family that God has given me to take care of.  Of course, I am looking forward to our newest little addition and the love he will bring into our hearts, but I also find so much happiness in the here and now. 

(Linking up with Becky at Rub Some Dirt On It)

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is beautiful. So is your daughter! I love the thankful themes I'm seeing on the blogosphere this month. Thanks! :)

    Stopping by from Becky's Happiness Is... blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not just this post, but your "about me" page is awesome! Thanks for your honesty!
    I'm a new blogger and a few years older than you but nothing, NOTHING, prepared me for motherhood!
    Look forward to more posts... Also I have a few questions about the BlogHer ads... Just got an invite... Can you email me at mamma_megs@yahoo.com? I'd be forever greatful.

    Btw - stopping by via Casey Wiegand

    Much Love,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely perfect happiness post. Nothing makes me happier than reading your posts about your family! Thanks for sharing your sentiments with us at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of gearing up for Thanksgiving with these posts. I'm glad you are so blessed Jessica!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...