Nov 20, 2011

give thanks, #4

I am a person who needs girlfriends.  I've been this way since before I can remember, and I was fortunate to find lasting groups of girlfriends in both high school and college.  We all go our separate ways, keeping in touch sporadically, but there are two that I've stuck to like glue, and I'm afraid they're never going to be able to get rid of me. (Seriously.  They both tried to move away, but I sucked them back. *cue evil laugh*)

Melissa and Jillian, I'm talking to you.

How could you NOT want to be BFFs with this


and this
?

These two brought me out of the depths of postpartum depression and keep me sane with a few dinner dates a month.  They make me laugh and cry, and they love my child.  There's really no greater friend than one who loves your child.  I am so thankful for the role they play in my life, and I'm pretty confident that my husband is too; he deals with a little less crazy because of them.

The three of us aren't big on Christmas or birthday presents, so I thought perhaps a Thanksgiving present would be more our style.  And so, I made BFF bags (also known as Go Anywhere Bags).

Picking out the fabric for these bags might be the most fun I've ever had (in terms of picking out fabric) because I found prints that truly suit these two personalities.  And it was on clearance.  :-)  Part of me wants to get all sentimental and sappy about exactly why these fabrics are perfect for my two friends, but I'll spare you.  They will know.

the "Melissa":



and the "Jillian":



7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are crafty girl! They are going to love those bags. You are a good friend and I'm sure they love you as much as you love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to learn how to make those bags. They turned out so cute. I never had any sisters, so my girlfriends are everything to me. I'm grateful I have them in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm a bit envious of those friendships you have. But so awesome that you're appreciative of it and don't take it for granted!

    Super cute bags, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute...I love the fabrics you chose! What lucky gal pals you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are SO cute! I'd totally buy either one of these. Sweet gifts for your friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE bags! Love, love, love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...