Dec 13, 2011

28 weeks

So, I skipped a few weeks again, mostly because A) my hubby has been super busy with work and I need his camera skillz and B) I didn't have a lot of nice things to say about being pregnant.  I have been a bit miserable for the past few weeks, with a ridiculously large belly, lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, leg cramps, and not-sleeping-through-the-night-ness.  I would have just complained, and who really wants to hear all that anyway?  However, this will be a positive post, I promise!

And so, here I am at 28 weeks, all dressed for work and such, trying to be smiley:


Can I take a minute to discuss the sheer size of that belly?  What the crap??  And I am really supposed to be pregnant for THREE MORE MONTHS.  Let that sink in a moment. 

After digging around in my brain for possible explanations for what seems to me to be an unusually large belly, I have considered that I might have gestational diabetes, but hopefully, this will be ruled out next week when I go in for my glucose test.  Perhaps this baby is positioned differently than Cara was.  (I think this is the real explanation.)  Cara was pretty far back, and I had the sciatic nerve pain to prove it.  The doctors were all like "don't worry, this baby is only 6, maybe 7 pounds" and then she was 8.  The nurse said that she must have been hiding in there.  Maybe this baby bear is more in the front, which would also account for the insane gymnastics he performs all. the. time.  Or, maybe I have an Edward-and-Bella-style vampire baby growing away in there, except that would mean that PJ is a vampire, and I think I would have noticed that by now...

A few wonderful things happened this week.  I got a lovely package in the mail from Old Navy with some new maternity clothes!  WooHoo!  I caught a good deal on a few sweaters from Gap (see above), and I now have some new pants to replace the ones I am outgrowing.  Score!  It also occurred to me that my discomfort of the last few weeks might be due to not drinking enough water, so I upped my intake in a big way.  We now have fewer contractions, no leg cramps, slightly less swollen feet and legs, and clear skin (finally!!!!).  Who knew?

9 comments:

  1. Yay for new maternity clothes. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fantastic - healthy baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 27 weeks so I can totally relate to the struggle to dress and feel normal. And, my belly is so big that I am convinced that I am having twins - that the second baby has somehow gone undiscovered to this point. It just doesn't seem possible that my belly will grow for 3 more months. (So hear you there!) In any case, I got some new maternity clothes this week, too! Yay for new clothes. http://theshoppingmama.com/2011/12/what-i-wore-27-weeks/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so stylish, and I love that color sweater, very pretty!
    I also wanted to share that I am doing a giveaway
    over on my blog , hope you join in =)
    http://shannonolson.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-memories-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look so cute! yay for new maternity clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look awesome!! can we be new best friends!? I am 26 weeks and feeling the same way as you!!! No one seems to understand that I have 12 weeks to go and it doesn't help to remind me how huge I am! Im not sleeping for multiple reasons and am so ready to meet my little one!! great blog! merry christmas and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such a cute pregnant woman! Adorable outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look cute! I also get big early, sometimes it can't be helped! And just that hopefully negative GD test--I have it now and it can really take the fun out of pregnancy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry that the last few weeks haven't been easy!! I hope the time off at Christmas will help you get more rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...