Dec 5, 2011

a week (or so) in one post



Time for an update, maybe?  December is always a busy month for me, between Christmas activities and winding down the semester.  And sewing, lots and lots of sewing.  So, you'll have to excuse my lack of updates.  We've just been busy! 

Guess who's potty-trained (mostly)??  Oh heck yeah, it's baby Cara.  I really stressed about this one, but lo and behold, that girl pretty much did it herself.  She decided it was about time, so we obliged.  Remembering to get her to sit on the potty every hour or two has been a little exhausting, but the process happened so quickly and she was so proud of herself that it was all okay.  She's had quite a few accident-free days, and we couldn't be more thrilled with how this one turned out.  Pretty much everything with Cara has been relatively easy (taking away the paci, giving up bottles, transitioning from crib to big girl bed, etc.); I have always worried more than necessary, and she has always been like, "Mom, chill.  I got this."  Does that mean the second one is going to give me a run for my money?

We've been doing Christmas all over the place.  We put up the tree, I wrapped a few presents, and I made Christmas outfits for my child.  Because obviously she needs more than one Christmas outfit.

I can't help but laugh.

Our adorable little town had a Christmasville festival/celebration/whatever this weekend, complete with a parade, a ferris wheel, ponies, and little kid train rides.  One thing I have to commend my little town on is its free family fun.  It seems like there is almost always something to take the kids to that doesn't cost anything.  We celebrate every season!  For free!

parade watching

Christmas dancing watching

and no Christmas festival is complete without a Rapunzel sighting

And, in case you are wondering, I'm still pregnant.  I like heating pads, brownies, and XXL t-shirts.  I'm sure my husband wishes I would stop whining and shave my legs.  He's gonna have to wait on the whining.  I might consider shaving my legs sometime soon.

5 comments:

  1. you are hilarious. and is the feet picture taken on the potty? ...rapunzel?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feet were on the bathroom counter. She's such a little priss, this one, although Rapunzel did make her a little nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just laughed out loud about the shaving...you are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! So funny at the last part. I wanted to let you know that I keep trying to add your button, but it is not working. I'll try again this weekend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, and I busted out laughing at the shaving your legs comment. I remember those days (oh wait, maybe I am still living it ;)

    Glad you are all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...