Jan 17, 2012

33 weeks

(I actually had to count back from my due date to double check that I am indeed 33 weeks along.  You would think I would keep up with something that like...)

Tank and Scarf: Old Navy
Cardigan: Target
Shoes: TOMS

TOMS are a pregnant chick's best friend.  Soft, stretchy, oh-so-comfy.  But seriously, these pants have got to go.  By the end of the day, I was trying to suck in as I buttoned them.  Have you ever tried to suck in while 33 weeks pregnant?  It's an impossible feat.

I had a very encouraging doctor visit yesterday.  I almost always dread going to the doctor, more and more as I get further along, and I'm not really sure why.  Everyone at my doctors' office is really nice; I have no good reason to get all worked up other than that I am just grumpy.  Anyway, I saw one of my favorite doctors and we talked a good bit about the possibility of induction.  He was very encouraging and assured me that (unofficially) he guesses 90% of babies come on their own by 41.5 weeks, which is as late as he is comfortable letting most women go.  I felt like he was very honest about the business side of the practice too, even acknowledging that part of his job is to keep women happy as well as healthy, so when a woman is 39 or 40 weeks pregnant and feeling miserable, induction is usually on the table (which is probably where I was at my 41 week appointment last time).  He also said that lately, he finds himself having more and more conversations with women who want to be induced even earlier, and he said he's always on the side of the baby, as in, babies need to be full term for obvious reasons.  It seemed like we were on the same page, the one where I go into labor naturally, and it's always nice to hear a doctor say that based on my stats (baby's heart rate, my blood pressure, weight gain, etc.), this is looking like a very healthy pregnancy.  A little encouragement to begin the home stretch!

11 comments:

  1. There is nothing like an encouraging prenatal appointment! You look absolutely fantastic.

    And I love my Toms, pregnant and otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Noelle! Toms are definitely perfect for swollen feet. :-)

    PS--I'm so excited for you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doc sounds as awesome as mine. I'm really happy to have my concerns out to air this time around too. I hope you'll have exactly the kind of birth you want this time. It's getting so close and you still look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really beautiful!

    You are like, the 573rd person to speak so highly of TOMS. I really need to get with the program and see what the hype is all about. ;)

    So glad to read that your appointment went well! You must be so anxious to meet the little one; you are in the home stretch right now...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Baby will be here before you know it. : ) You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so adorable...I think women are way more beautiful with lil baby bumps! And your scarf is fantastic.
    Btw, I dislike going to the doctor for any reason...so I can see why you aren't throwing a parade each time you have to go :-)

    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the scarf. The outfit is super cite!

    New follower from The Pleated Poppy
    www.simply-lovely-things.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable baby bump and loving the scarf you are wearing the colours just pop. Good luck over the last few weeks, those ones always seem the longest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for the home stretch!! :) And you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I have DEFINITELY tried sucking in while pregnant, and yes, you are right, it is pure folly.

    You are a doll, though, and props for being willing to brave the pants at 33 weeks!

    I am loving that scarf!

    Would love to have you by for a visit!

    ~Abbie (www.fivedaysfiveways.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! I am one week ahead of you, so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...