Feb 11, 2012

36 weeks


 When Cara says, "Take a picture with me, mom," we always oblige.

So, here we are at 36 weeks, one month to go.  I'm not gonna lie.  I'm tired, grumpy, and achy.  And a little loopy.  Yesterday, I took away what I thought was a rock from Cara.  She was licking it and putting it in and out of her mouth, and obviously, licking rocks is not allowed over here.  She immediately started crying and ran to find Daddy.  This is not an unusual reaction when one of us takes something away from her, but when PJ brought her back to me, she was crying "Mommy took my vitamin!"  Um...yeah.  That rock was actually a purple Flintstones vitamin.  Don't worry, I apologized. 

I think my maternity leave at work is pretty much taken care of, which is a nice feeling.  I should probably start writing some sub plans soon.  Like very soon.  I'm planning to go back to work for the last two weeks of school to take care of any issues that arise and close up shop.  It's only 11 days, and then I'll be out for the summer.  In my head, I keep telling myself that I'm actually off for five months minus 11 days.  It sounds good to me.  I'm really hoping that having a longer break before I really go back to my full time work schedule will help me avoid some of that pesky postpartum depression.  Plus, I have a slightly better idea of what expect this go around, although I freely admit that I have no idea what to expect from Cara.

In the meantime, all I want to do is crunch on ice and eat clementimes, which I suppose isn't so bad.  At least I'm not crunching on potato chips and eating candy bars all day long.  The ice thing is probably due to my iron levels, but I justify it by telling myself that it's keeping me hydrated.

We've made a little, tiny bit of progress in the nursery department.  I'll save that for another post, but it eases my mind a lot.  The crib might still be in a box, but at least it's in the house! :-)  I'm not sure if I'm making any progress in other ways (I head to the doctor this week for that...oh joy), but according to my instagram pictures, maybe things are in fact moving in the right direction.

34 weeks vs. 36 weeks

5 comments:

  1. You look so great! I feel you on the tired, grumpy, achy, loopy stuff though.:) So excited for you being so close! I love the vitamin story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do look so cute! And I can totally relate to the ice-crunching thing. It's amazing though...literally, I stopped craving it the day Anna was born and when I got home I switched our ice dispenser from "crushed" back to "cubed" and I haven't looked back...weird! I can't wait to see your newest little bebe:) You're going to love having the whole summer off to take things slow with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 weeks will fly by!!! You look great, I hope your last month of pregnancy goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are getting so close. Hang in there1

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!! Emmy was 19 days early so you never know ;) Might want to have a sub plan or two in the works! Enjoy these last few days with just Cara--there's nothing like that special time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...