Feb 3, 2012

random news

  • The level of foot swelling around these parts is borderline ridiculous.  My TOMS are pretty much the last pair of comfortable shoes that I have.  *sigh*
  • I met up with my two favorite girlfriends for dinner last night.  It had been a few weeks since our last girls' dinner, and they LAUGHED AT ME when they saw me.  Yes, my belly is that huge.
  • Cara has started pooping in the potty! (cue celebration music)  Is that TMI?  If you have ever potty-trained a child, then you know what a huge victory this is.  Huge.  Huge.
  • One of the moms at Cara's school handed her a birthday party invitation in an envelope today, and Cara said, "look, Mom!  It's my email!" 
  • We scored five hardback Dr. Suess books at TJ Maxx the other night.  I never realized exactly how hard it is to read Fox in Socks at any kind of normal speed.
  • Cara and I got have some quality girl time while Daddy was at Bible study one night this week.  We watched Sleeping Beauty in our jammies snuggled up under a fuzzy blanket.  Every now and then, she would look up and say "I a snuggly bear, Mom." 
  • Baby boy's name is set.  We told Cara our top three names, and she picked Colin.  So, Colin Gray Cooper it is.  So perfect.

16 comments:

  1. LOVE the name and I especially love that you let Cara pick it out. What a cool memory you'll get to share with her. You're so close! And...we need a new belly picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll work on the new belly picture. I haven't been very enthusiastic about those weekly pictures lately because I feel like I'm starting to look a little cartoon-ish! :-)

      Delete
  2. Colin is a great name. I love that they'll both have C initials! And high-five to your little potty-usin' lady! Way to go, Cara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was a little worried that two C names would be alliteration-overload, but now I think they go together really well.

      Delete
  3. Potty training...seriously exciting for moms! Awesome name, by the way. It's super-cool or super-professional (whichever he prefers, one day). I hope you're feeling good...I know the foot swelling is no fun but those puffy piggies' days are numbered:) He'll be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! It's possible to be super-cool and super-professional, right? :-)

      PS-I need to put this comment on your blog (I'll do that in a minute), but I have read Anna's birth story about 14 times. It is so sweet and leaves me feeling so encouraged!

      Delete
  4. Love the name and congrats on the potty training! I can sense the excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! "Excitement" isn't even quite strong enough for this accomplishment! :-)

      Delete
  5. Yippee all over the place!! So proud of Cara and I really love the little boy's name. Can hardly wait to see him. Kiss Cara for me! Love you all! Bitsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to deliver many kisses from Bitsy! Love you too!

      Delete
  6. Love the name! Yay for potty training triumphs. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have been enjoying your vacation!

      Delete
  7. What a great name! Congrats on the potty training...its so nice when they can handle it on their own :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the potty training! I don't have to be a mom to know that is a BIG deal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...