Mar 4, 2012

getting ready {part 3}

(adorable t-shirt courtesy of my wonderful friend Carol from school)

I have been nesting like a crazy person for the last two weeks, but "nesting" seems to take a different form for me: sewing.  (As if anyone is surprised...)  I have been on a mission, perhaps even a little obsessed, but baby boy has lots of snuggly boy-ness for whenever he decides to arrive.



We never seemed to have enough bibs and burp cloths when Cara was tiny, and I'm not sure if that was unique to her or if it's just a newborn thing, but those are two baby items that I knew for certain we would use again this time.  These burp cloths are just Gerber cloth diapers that my mom altered a bit.  The middle section of the diapers is always the thickest and most absorbent, so my mom folded and sewed the thinner sides in toward the middle to make the whole thing a little thicker and the perfect size for a shoulder.

two flannel blankets with matching quilted burp cloths


All of the fabric I used here came from my stash of scraps.  I am pretty excited that I didn't have to spend any money for this nesting insanity, especially since I ended up make six burp cloths and six bibs...


Cara is having a hard time sharing her C.  When she saw this one, she said "C for Cara" because that's what a C usually means.  I tried to explain that Colin starts with a C too, but my arguments fell on deaf ears.  It took her a while to decide that we could all have the same last name too.  She thought Cooper was just hers.




These were the easiest baby pants to make, and I love the extra panel in the booty.  Even though we are not cloth diapering, I think a little extra room for diapers will be nice.

12 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy, these things are so adorable!! Hope you're keeping well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! Man...any minute you'll be holding that sweet baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And, dear Lord, I hope so! :-)

      Delete
  3. SUPER cute stuff! And you found the BBBP! Love those pants - cloth diaper or not. They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that pattern! Even though I haven't put those pants on an actual child, they look like they will be perfect. I've been tempted to see if the 2T will work for some pajamas for Cara.

      Delete
  4. This is all so cute! Maybe if Colin could see it, he would come out? Are you still working?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! If only that would work!

      I'm still waddling around school, but this is my last week. It's getting a little comical; my kids asked me today why I was so grumpy, and my answer was "because I'm 13 months pregnant!" Then they tried to figure out how I managed to be pregnant for 13 months...

      Delete
  5. I am going crazy of the fabric you picked! Soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to comment on this like 800 times from my ipad. Apparently I stink at technology. Anywho- totally cute things- teach me to make them! My niece/nephew is due in August and my sis-in-law is very not crafty. She picked out many fabrics for me to play with though. Was good to see you and PJ and Cara on Saturday. This time next week I bet you won't be pregnant anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I have ipad envy! It was good to see you too! I *hope* next time, I will be back to my normal self with two babes in tow!

      Bibs and burp cloths are super easy (and make wonderful baby gifts)--and there are TONS of tutorials online that will show you how to make them. What kind of sewing machine do you have?

      Delete
  7. The ipad was a christmas gift from my mother-in-law. Never thought I would want one, but now that I have it I am in love! My machine is an older Brother model- similar to this one http://www.brother-usa.com/HomeSewing/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=LX2500#.T1Y_afE7U1I but pale blue all over and a smidgen less fancy. It is pretty basic but has served me well, especially considering it was free! I am also recovering the insides of a bassinet for her so I might really need to call on your sewing genius. It was a custom made bassinet so I doubt I will find a good tutorial for that project. My sis-in-law, Zoila, picked out some adorable sheep themed fabrics so I am on a pinterest pinning binge with sheep items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented! I just love all of the cute burps and bibs... not to mention the pants are to die for! Colin will be just as stylish as his sister!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...