May 17, 2012

it's been a little while...

So, it's been a little while since my last update, and I have a good reason: I went back to work this week.  Not that working is a particularly bad thing.  I love my coworkers, and I found that I even missed my students.  They are funny and quirky, and now that I am no longer 13 months pregnant, my sense of humor is back.  As it turns out, they like me better than they liked their sub.



These babies are ridiculous; they are killing me with cute.  Cara is the best big sister ever.  In fact, she wants to invite her friends from school over so that she can show them her baby brother.  I swear, I did not put those words in her mouth, but I sure do want to remember that she said them.




Colin is 8 and 1/2 weeks old now and bursting with personality.  His smiles melt my heart, especially when he flashes me a few when I get home from school.  He's curious and engaged, looking around and taking in the world, even though the world still overwhelms him sometimes.  That's okay.  I will snuggle him up away from the world any time.

It's been perfect play-in-the-yard weather, and boy, do we love our yard.  Cara is in heaven with her princess pool and her new swing set.  



I realized that we are now the parents of "kids," not just "babies."  


And there was the beach last weekend.  I think I should get to spend every Mother's Day at the beach.


That water was cold, but she still got in.  And her sweet daddy did too.



Even Colin was a little beach baby, kicking his feet in the sand.  I couldn't ask for anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...