May 6, 2012

the paper doll dress

This is my favorite dress.  I love everything about it: the fabric, the trim, the princess seams, the contrasting lining, the finishing touches, the fact that it cost me nothing to make, the little girl wearing it...




This is the Oliver and  S tea party dress again (remember my first try?), only with a lot less difficulty this time.  All of those pesky puckering issues disappeared. (In case you are making this dress and having trouble with puckering, just stop pinning.  Only pin the bodice to the skirt at the side seams and the darts; then, ease the center panel to match the bodice with your fingers as you sew very slowly.  I promise it will work.)






A little photo heavy?  I think not.

I am so thankful for my husband who took over baby duty for a good part of the day on Saturday so that I could sew.  Sometimes I just need a break, and believe me, I know how lucky I am to have an understanding husband.  This is my outlet, my stress release.  It's crazy how recharged I feel at the end of project.  Thanks for the gift of time and a little solitude, babe!


2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest Tea Party dress I've ever seen!
    Of course, it also helps to have a adorable model girl in the house...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...