Jun 14, 2012

mama's helper

Cara is all about being mama's helper these days, and I appreciate it so much as I need all the help I can get!  She especially likes helping me cook dinner.  She pulls a chair over to the counter or the stove to see what I'm doing and pour or stir whatever she can get her hands on.  I mentioned earlier that we made pizza together, and several times since then, she has asked if I need help with my pizza dough.  And a few nights ago, the answer was "yes."

Step 1: Spread around some flour, and make sure to cover your hands as well.

Step 2: Push and smash and knead your dough into a circle.

Obviously, this is her favorite step.

(I baked my pizza crust for 10 minutes or so before we added any toppings.)
Step 3: Add some pizza sauce.
*Side note: Yes, there is a knife on the cutting board, and the pizza stone had just come out of the oven.  Cooking does involve sharp objects and heat though, so I use these opportunities to talk about safety and what Cara can and cannot touch.  She seems to understand that  she could get hurt if she doesn't listen to mama, and I think it makes her feel very "big girl" to get to help me with dinner.  So far, Cara has been a very good listener. :-)

Step 4: Add sliced mozzarella.

Step 5: Add crumbled Italian sausage (mama cooked it before we started) and lots of raw veggies.  We used red bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms.

Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes. Yum.

my little chef

linking up with Becky!

3 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Love all the step by step photos with your little cutie :) I'm a new follower and would love for you to check out my blog.

    http://theaustinfamilydiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brings back fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow she looked like she was totally into it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...