Jun 1, 2012

the shared nursery {a tour}

When I found out that we were having a boy, one of the things that intimidated me the most was designing a room for both children to share that was equally baby boy and toddler girl.  I am no interior decorator by any stretch, but, thanks to Pinterest (you can see my nursery inspiration post here), I think we ended up with something that works for us.

toddler girl on the left, baby boy on the right

the toddler girl side 

My mom made this quilt for me when I was in college, and it happens to be the perfect size for a toddler bed.  Cara's BFFs Puppy, Clifford, and Lucky Ducky are hanging out on the bed today too.

Cara's painting by my sweet friend Jillian


the baby boy side

I absolutely love the orange truck nightlight and the wooden truck on the shelf.  Thank you, Target!


Colin isn't sleeping in his crib because he's not sleeping through the night consistently yet, but I hope that he'll get to move in with his big sister soon.  And there isn't room for many toys with two cribs and two dressers, so most of Cara's toys are now in our dining room/temporary playroom.  I wasn't sure I would like that set up very much, but it's worked surprisingly well.

8 comments:

  1. I love the nursery! It looks like such a sweet place to be tucked away at night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great room. Very welcoming and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How perfect. I have a feeling Baby #2 will come before our next house, so our kids will probably be sharing a room. No plans to get rid of our little guest/office/workout room. If the next one's a girl, then that would be easy, but you've let me know that it can be done with different gender kids, too.

    Hope y'all are enjoying the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad it's working functionally for you but I must say its pretty darn cute too! I think you did an awesome job of combining the two and maintaining some cohesiveness. Good job Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Krista! That's exactly what I was going for! :-)

      Delete
  5. You have done a great job of working a boy/girl room. I love Colin's mobile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! The mobiles are one of my favorites things in the room!

      Delete
  6. Way to go Jessica!! I love it! Lucie still isn't in her crib either, but am anxiously waiting for the day. Let me know how that goes when you combine them, cause I will be in the same boat....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...