Jun 11, 2012

twelve weeks!

My sweet baby boy is twelve weeks old today.  Twelve weeks feels like a milestone, like the end of newborn and the beginning of baby.  Or the end of the fourth trimester.  Or the beginning of giggles, toys, and real interaction. 


When we took Colin for his two month appointment, he was 12.5 pounds, so my guess is that he's pretty well over 13 pounds these days.  He doesn't really look chubby though, just long.  Sometimes I forget that he's only two and half months because he looks older to me.


He's now reached the drooling, everything-goes-in-my-mouth phase.  I wonder if he's already starting to cut some teeth, but I can't feel anything on his gums yet and he's not fussing like he's teething.  He was really proud of himself when he finally managed to get his fingers in his mouth.  



This boy is also becoming a big fan of his toys.  He scoots all over his playmat to get to the one he wants.  He kicks and swats at them and laughs at how awesome he is for being able to get them.  He really wants to roll, but those arms and legs aren't working together just right yet.  It won't be long though.


I have to admit that I have been really enjoying finding boy cuteness for him to wear.  So many people said that it was hard to find cute boy clothes, so I've been on the lookout for unique, distinctly "boy" pieces.  This robot mustache onesie from Zulily is one of my favorites.


Cara absolutely adores her baby brother.  We hear "I need to see my brother!" all the time, and she has started telling everyone that he's "such a good boy."  She sometimes gets a little jealous when her daddy is holding Colin, but she can be persuaded to play something all together pretty easily.  I expected her to want to "mother" him as if he was a baby doll, but she doesn't see him that way.  He's a real person to her, someone she has already called her best friend.  Watching her love on him is one of the best things about being a mom.


Happy Twelve Weeks, Baby Boy!  There could not be a more perfect addition to our family!

8 comments:

  1. Happy 12 Weeks to your baby boy. Your family is so cute!

    I'm with you -- I see cute boy stuff all the time. Love the mustache shirt. (Oh, you TOTALLY need to hyperlink your personal Zulily referral code so you can get credit if someone joins and orders something)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I need to figure out how to do that, especially because Zulily has gotten all my money since Colin was born! ;-) Maybe the Zulily iPhone app was not such a good idea...

      Delete
  2. He is SO cute! :) I love him and love, love that robot onesie!

    And I have to say that after having a boy and then a girl, I much prefer boy clothes. The only bummer is that there isn't nearly as much cute stuff to SEW for boys (or easy sewing, at least), but I think baby boy clothes are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I need to start looking for more boy patterns. Oliver and S has quite a few cute ones, but they are not super easy.

      Congrats again on your new baby boy! He's adorable!

      Delete
  3. He is so darn cute! I adore the dimple in his chin, my oldest has one too ;) I agree, watching them learn to love one another is so amazing.

    Thanks for praying for my poochie, I GREATLY appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...