Jul 5, 2012

awesomesauce

This is a great week.  Any week with a holiday tossed in is bound to be great, but even the non-holiday days have been awesome.  The main reason for all this awesomeness is these two boogers:

I crack up every time I look at this picture.

I love those dark eyes.

Colin got down with his bad self and rolled over this week!  He was pretty thrilled about it.  He's a big fan of tummy time now, which is so funny to me because Cara really, really hated it.  Not Colin.  He has spent some serious effort practicing rolling all over the place.  


Cara makes me laugh, especially when she draws awesome pictures.  That's Larry the Cucumber and Bob the Tomato.
Go Veggie Tales!

And to put the icing on the awesome cake that was this week, my Stitch Fix box arrived yesterday!  What is Stitch Fix, you ask?  It's only a personal shopper for ladies who don't want to drag two children into a teeny tiny dressing room and listen to them cry while trying on clothes that don't fit.  You fill out a fun questionnaire about your style, body type and sizes, price range, what you like and dislike, things you wish you had more of, patterns and prints and colors, oh my!, and then a personal stylist puts five lovelies into a box for you to open and try on in the comfort of nap time.  You are charged a $20 styling fee, but that $20 goes toward anything you decide to purchase out of your box.  And you can request a fix whenever you want one; it doesn't have to be an every month thing unless you want it to be.

Want to know what was in my box??

This cardigan was floaty and soft, but I'm not ready to think about anything with long sleeves yet.  Not in the 105 degrees of July in SC.

I think this top is very pretty, but it was a size too big. :-(

This dress would have been perfect about seven years ago.  It's a little too short for me these days.

And the back is all lacy.  Beautiful, but not me right now.

This one is a keeper!  I immediately thought of several ways I could wear this shirt, the fit is very flattering to the post-baby tummy, and I love the color.

Also keeping this one!  I don't have anything like this, and I really like yellow gold lately.

(Full disclosure: I wish Stitch Fix had paid me to write this up, but they didn't.  I just think they are pretty awesome.  However, if you click on one of the links to sign up for your own fix, I will get $25 off my next fix for the referral.  Which is awesome.)


6 comments:

  1. JESSICA! why in the world did i have to read your blog to hear about stitch fix?! i signed up and gave you credit, so hopefully you'll get 25 bucks toward your next shopping visit.

    loved your positive post today. good to see you and hang out!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boogers are so cute, I sincerely mean that ;)

    What a cool idea stitch fix is, wish I thought of it! Love the green top, it so uniquely cut and a beautiful color. You'll need to post a pic of you in it!

    Hope the awesomeness continues through the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart to share about Stitch Fix on your blog! I had also never heard of it and just signed up! If i like it, you'll be seeing me promoting it soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that?!? I have a feeling I'll be signing up for a "fix" in the near future and it looks like you'll be getting a few extra fixes on the sign-ups of your friends:) And your babies are so cute...those dark eyes are just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. StitchFix sounds awesome. I signed up and gave you credit too. Caroline is great in the mall until we get in a fitting room so I feel you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! I will definitely be giving StitchFix a try some time soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...