Jul 30, 2012

currently

loving:  Chevron!  I have been making a ton of baby gifts out of some adorable navy, gray, green, and yellow chevron.  Obviously, Colin has benefitted from my chevron love.



reading:  Mostly books that I will be teaching this school year. *sigh* I can't believe how quickly the summer has flown by, and I can't say that I am very excited to return to work.  I love my school, coworkers, and students, and I know that I will get excited and motivated once I'm there, but the thought of waking up early, working all day, pumping, and rushing to get everything done in the evening doesn't appeal to me very much.  If I drop off the face of the internet around mid-August, you'll know why.

watching:  "Call Me Maybe" parodies on youtube.  And lots of princess movies with Cara.  Don't judge me.

thinking about:  CIO.  My pediatrician recommended that we start letting Colin cry at night because basically, I have conditioned him to wake up expecting to nurse.  Typically, he wakes up two to three times a night, and I'm not sure how well I will be able to handle this once I start back to work.  We've tried letting him cry himself to back to sleep if he wakes up before midnight, but he is one persistent, determined little boy.  He will go for 45 minutes or longer, and I decided last night that I can't listen to that anymore.  It just doesn't feel like a loving response.  Any thoughts on babies sleeping through the night?

working on:  meal plans for when I go back to work.  I want to find more healthy recipes for my slow cooker as I think this will be how we survive those first few weeks.  Suggestions welcome!

wishing:  I'm definitely wishing for a few more weeks of summer.  Colin is due to start going to "school" in one week, and I think the separation is going to be pretty tough for me.  Since I know I'm not going to get any time magically added to my summer, I'll just snuggle him a little closer, a little longer this week.

13 comments:

  1. oh gosh!! I am loving that chevron bib. so adorable!

    xxS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with you in so many ways! This summer has gone incredibly fast and I go back to work TOMORROW! I work in two different places and am already dreading lugging around the breast pump for the next several months. As for sleeping through the night I have no wise words of wisdom...my oldest didn't sleep through the night until she was 9 months old so obviously I am no expert. My youngest, however, has slept through the night for the past two nights (I hope I didn't just jinx myself...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope you didn't jinx yourself too! A full night of sleep is so precious!

      I have to say that sometimes it's really nice to know that other ladies are lugging that pump around too. I will remind myself that I'm not alone as I pray that no one tries to unlock the door. :-)

      Delete
  3. I found your blog via the Colette blog last week. I love to sew and I'm a working mom of a little girl who will be 3 in August... so I totally relate :)

    I love the Chevron fabric - super cute bib!

    My daughter didn't sleep through the night consistently until she was almost 2 even though we tried sleep training, etc. So I don't have much advice about that. But, I commiserate - it's really hard. Not sleeping is hard and figuring out the best loving way to handle it is hard.

    I've had lots of good luck with Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker cookbook and the America's Test Kitchen Slow Cooker cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I just thought I'd let you know that co-host a "currently" link up every Thursday at www.harvestingkale.com. Feel free to link up your post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may have already told you this, but once I started giving Jude a bottle before bed (and then putting him to bed awake) instead of nursing, he FINALLY started sleeping through the night. I think he felt like I was taking a paci away at night when I would stop him from nursing to put him in his crib and he would cry and cry and cry. After a month or so of a bottle before bed, he seemed to handle night times MUCH better and I went back to nursing before bed.

    Sorry about the "back to work" thing. I know it's hard. Prayers for an easy transition and if you find some good slow cooker recipes...SHARE, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea about the bottle. It might help with the middle of the night waking because I'm definitely being used as a pacifier.

      Delete
  6. Best of luck as you prepare for the schoolyear. We're doing a lot of that around here too. Hubsy starts work the day after we get back from the beach! Bummer. Plus he'll still be doing landscaping for a few more months so I hear you on needing crockpot recipes. Let me know if you come across any good ones.

    We used to buy the same blue and green diapers from Target. It always cracked me up because people would ask me if I buy designer diapers. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Target should pay me for what I'm about to say, but those are the best diapers! Not only are they adorable, but they also rarely leak. Target is so good for a designer fake-out! :-)

      Delete
  7. Chevron is the best! I'm so addicted. Loved your post! I did a "Currently" one too if you want to read it :)

    ♥ Naomi {Starry Eyes + Coffee Cups}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember it being helpful when Jacob would get up with Jack before a certain time (i.e. before we thought he needed to nurse). It was a way to see if he could be soothed by something other than nursing. A few nights of this and maybe he'd be more conditioned to spacing his nursings? I freak out mentally anytime I think about going back to work. My thoughts are all over the place. I have till mid-September though so mainly I'm just not thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this ESPECIALLY your "Watching" section. Too funny.

    Thank you for sharing this link with me! :)

    xo
    Dani

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...