Sep 23, 2012

lately


Things are pretty busy around here these days.  We spent our weekend doing fun family stuff, like going to a high school football game (where a crowd of my students yelled out "BABY CARA" as we walked by and made Cara feel "very nervous"), going out to breakfast, watching Cara at gymnastics (she's getting over the shyness), and hanging out at home.


I am so thankful for a little down time this weekend because our weeks are jam packed.  I keep waiting for things to settle down, but so far, that's not happening.  From 5:30 AM to 8 PM, we are full speed ahead, all systems go, {insert silly idiom here}.  It's just a tiny bit exhausting.  Sometimes, I don't think I can keep up this pace.  PJ and I were talking the other night about how we can't even carve out the time to exercise, unless we start getting up even earlier.  And that ain't happening.  This season of life is busy, busy, go, go.


There are so many things I would like to do, so many projects waiting for me.  I have a million sewing projects on my to-do list in my head, muffins waiting to be baked, movies begging to be watched.  Blog posts to be written.  I gradually get to all of the things I want to do.  Cara gets a new twirly skirt.  Snow White and the Huntsman was really good.  And those muffins are getting made TONIGHT, I PROMISE!  But blog posts...I hate to say it, but something has to wait.



I couldn't see this little space disappear completely; I love it too much.  There's too much of my family here to close up shop or press delete.  But, I think I may take a little break or update less frequently for a little while.  I need to take advantage of every spare moment with my family.  These babies won't be babies forever (although, Colin should feel free to start sleeping through the night any time now...).

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with taking some time off. I'm right there with you on the 5:30-8:00 express train. It can be crazy! I have muffins needing to be made too and I just couldn't get to them tonight, so I'll try again tomorrow ;). Enjoy you little munchkins and some time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, this is the time of life that you want things to slow down and they just don't! I've been waiting for two years (ever since Maecie was born) and it's hasn't. You are doing the best thing ... enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life with kiddos (particularly young kiddos) IS so busy, you're right-on. I'm often blown away by how jam-packed my days are even just staying home with the kids. I never would have envisioned such a lack of free time when I was younger and daydreaming about this season of my life. Just like you, I always have so much on my to-do list, and I feel like only a tiny fraction gets done. I have 12(!) drafts right now of half-completed blog posts. I relate. I totally understand wanting to take a break! We'll be here when you're ready. When life slows down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry--just embrace that you are not going to write as often and it's so liberating!! The guilt hasn't gone away yet for me, but I"m sure one of these days we'll be content with blogging on the back burner. Don't go away forever--just let us know how you are when you can!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...