Nov 1, 2012

30 days of gratitude--here we go again!

I am in the middle of the most amazing Bible study--a marriage study, actually--but for me, it's going beyond my marriage to my heart on a day to day basis.  One of the early topics in the study (from this book) was nagging and complaining, specifically about your husband, and don't you know that I got on my high horse and said to myself, "well, this chapter isn't talking about me because I don't complain about my husband."  PJ even said that "nagging isn't my spiritual gift," which I took in the most positive way possible, obviously.  But then, I put on my GRIPES BE GONE bracelet and was promptly hit by a truck.  A whining, negative, complaining truck.  It might be true that I do not often complain about my husband (because really, he's pretty freaking awesome), but I very often complain about EVERYTHING ELSE.  You name it, I whine about it.

I really don't want to be a negative person.  Negativity seems to breed more of itself, and that's the last thing I want to promote.  There's plenty of that stuff in the world without my adding to it.  I would like to be a positive person, the one others go to for a good pick-me-up.  An encouragement.  I went back and read some of the posts I wrote in my original 30 days of gratitude series, and it felt good, so good, to remember the uplifting things, even if they were simple.  And so here I am, back with 30 days of gratitude again.  I can always use a little extra gratitude in my life, but it feels especially important this year.

Day 1:  I am thankful for a little purple bracelet that holds me accountable for keeping a positive attitude.  I need it so badly.  


4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I can relate. Just when I get good and stop complaining I let the stresses of life turn me back into a gripe monster. Looking forward to reading the rest of your days this month! It's so good to dedicate a good chunk of time to concentrating on all our blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have good days and bad days too, but it seems like more bad than good lately. Look at me, whining already! :-) Time for an attitude adjustment for sure!

      Delete
  2. Just when I think I should feel good about moving into a new home, I complain about all the work involved. I don't like to feel that way. You have given me hope. Thanx for the reminder. We should be thankful for so much. You, PJ, Cara and Colin for starters. Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, love you too, Dad! And enjoy your new house! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...