Nov 1, 2012

30 days of gratitude--making memories


Before I had children, I really didn't get into holidays like Halloween.  Dressing up and begging for candy from strangers is not really my thing, and there doesn't seem to be anything really to celebrate about Halloween.  Having children changed my perspective a bit though.  Cara is at an age where she thinks dressing up is fun, no matter what it is.  She also got into the spooky part of Halloween this year, and I almost died every time she told me a scary story.  I promise, they were more creative than any scary story I can come up with.  When you see a child that excited, it's hard not to join in and have fun.  So, I am thankful for ridiculous holidays like Halloween because they are a really good excuse to be silly and make fun family memories.



There goes my little bat!






Someone please tell my seven-month-old to sit down.

4 comments:

  1. Their dimples are so. darn. cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I think that boy needs to sit down too! Doesn't he know he's only 7 months?! Such cute costumes! Were they made by their extremely talented mommy? Cause they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I cannot take credit for the pumpkin, but I did whip up those bat wings. And the bat/cat ears. Definitely not my finest DIY moment, but Cara did not care even one bit, and that's all that matters.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...