Nov 18, 2012

30 days of gratitude--twelve days worth


  1. Krispy Kreme.  I am not ashamed to admit that PJ and I just spent at least 35 minutes in a drive through line waiting on some of the most heavenly donuts ever made.  Thank you, Krispy Kreme, for bringing your HOT NOW sign to RH.
  2. Thank you, PJ, for lowering the crib mattress just. in. time.  When I went to get Colin out of bed Saturday morning, he had pulled up to his knees in his crib, and my sweet husband immediately took that whole dang crib apart (of course, there's no easy way) to drop the mattress.  Colin was standing up by nap time.
  3. And also, YAY for pulling up!  Go, Colin!
  4. I'm so thankful to work in a place where people care for others.  I'm offering up a custom version of this dress in a silent auction at my school tomorrow; the proceeds will go towards providing Christmas for needy students.
  5. Scarves.  Because I'm not really a fan of sweaters or boots or cold weather in general.  
  6. Thank you to my awesome friend who recommended that I read The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell.  I couldn't put it down, and I couldn't stop thinking about it after I finished.
  7. My dad also deserves a big THANKS for babysitting on Friday night so that PJ and I could go on a date.  We had pumpkin beer and fried black eyed peas for dinner (fried black eyed peas?  who knew?) and went to see...
  8. BREAKING DAWN PART II!!!  I am a Twilight nerd.  I have seen all the movies and read all the books (and I might also own them...all of them...), but I am really thankful that the screenwriters broke away from the plot of the book a bit.  It made the movie so much more exciting and suspenseful.
  9. I am very thankful that I caught a 40% off sale at my local fabric store today because I scored some Tinkerbell and Rapunzel flannel that will make perfect nightgowns for a sweet fairy-and-princess-loving three-year-old.
  10. Speaking of a certain three-year-old, I am really thankful for the songs and stories she makes up on the way to school every morning.  Nothing like a jazzed up Cara version of "Deep and Wide" to put me in a good mood for work. 
  11. I am really looking forward to the upcoming breaks from school.  I am expecting a relaxing, low-key Thanksgiving with extra naps and snuggles.
  12. I am so very thankful for my brother and his service to our country.  I am also really looking forward to him being home very, very soon! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know things are still going well in your neck of the woods :)
    The fact that your hubby went to see Twilight with you speaks volumes of his sweetness! Hooray for date nights!
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...