Dec 5, 2012

the same but different

 Sometimes, I look at Colin and marvel at how much he and his sister look alike.  For example:

Granted, this picture was taken several months ago, but I love that they are even making the same expression!

In terms of personality, these two are pretty different.  Cara has always been spunky and animated, but she is also incredibly independent.  Starting very early on, she wanted to do everything herself, and she is rarely afraid to strike out on her own (as long as we are in view but even sometimes when we're not).  Colin, on the other hand, seems like more of a watcher and a thinker.  He examines things carefully, turning toys over in his hands and quickly figuring out how they work.  He loves to be carried around on your hip, but when he's put down, he always on the move these days.  I think I spend a lot of time looking for similarities, but in reality, these are two very different little people in every way, and yet, they are the perfect complement to each other.  

While I was tossing a frozen pizza in the oven cooking dinner tonight, Colin stood up next to the dishwasher, and I flashed back to Cara doing the very same thing around the same age.  Thank goodness for my husband and his wonderful camera.

They barely even look related!








6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, the sweetness! I love the photos of both standing at the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Colin is getting big!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! He is getting so big! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that you were able to get such similar photos of them! I adore their dimples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, guys! Colin is definitely getting to be a big boy--just look at that double chin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those last pictures are perfect! Look at the two of them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...