Mar 18, 2013

currently

Loving:  Everything that came in my last StitchFix box.  Seriously.  I kept everything again.  StitchFix = best birthday present to self ever.


Loving:  Teaching Jane Eyre to my advanced students.  Jane Eyre is my favorite book of all time, and I was worried that they would hate it and ruin it for me.  As a group, they all say "nah, we don't like this book," and yet, their conversations in class imply otherwise.  It kind of makes my day when one of them sneaks over at the end of class to tell me how much he/she loves the book.


Loving:  Three-and-a-half-year-old logic.  Cara (our resident princess) looked at PJ a few weeks ago and said, "Daddy, princesses don't have to listen to anyone, and princesses don't have to go to time out."  PJ scored some major dad points with his reply: "Princesses have to listen to the king and queen, and guess who the king is?"  And then, this morning when Cara woke up with a tummy ache, I told her to eat some yogurt to help her tummy feel better.  She asked me how yogurt would help, so I told her that yogurt has probiotics that help tummies.  She said, "Ooooh, is that like magic?"  Yes, babygirl, tummy magic. :-)


Loving:  Watching Colin walk everywhere.  The boy is so over crawling.  He looks a little bit like a cute version of a Walking Dead zombie, but he's quickly picking up speed.  I let him walk himself in to school sometimes, and he thinks he's a big boy now.


Anticipating:  Easter dresses!!  Mine is almost done, and I can't wait to start on Cara's dress and Colin's pants.


Anticipating:  Warm weather!  We had a little taste of the 70s this weekend, and it just makes this cold, dreary day that much more unbearable.  I need some sunshine!!  And so does my grass.  Look how brown it still is!  This has been the coldest spring I can remember, but I know the flowers are just around the corner.


Anticipating:  My big boy's baby's first birthday tomorrow!  He's such a joy, and I can't wait to celebrate with our families this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe your little man is a year! He is so precious :) I love Cara's logic, makes sense to me ;)

    Enjoy the birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Collin looks like such a little Jessica and also a lot like his sister :) (To me at least!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...